2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yes, I think the new shift rules will be huge, not only for Schwarber, but for 80% of all left handed hitters.

Gotcha. Wanted to make sure I was thinking correctly. Inside pitches... he either has to go to LC or HR because of the shift. Impossible for him to have a bloop single, essentially. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Because of the shift. He didn't forget how to hit.  Plus he hit .270 last year.  

All LH need to learn to hit the other way against the shift especially late in games.  To me it is selfish when I see the whole left side open and a hitter not even try to go the other way.

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

All LH need to learn to hit the other way against the shift especially late in games.  To me it is selfish when I see the whole left side open and a hitter not even try to go the other way.

It's not. 

Edited by btownqb

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 6-2 to the Orioles after game was tied at 2-2 going the 9th. Buck Farmer gave up 4 run.s in the 9th and once again the bullpen loses the game.  The Orioles bullpen is very good and was the difference.

They are ascending. Os are young too. If the 6th playoff spot in the AL ends up being Balt... we should all be pretty happy with that imo. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds traded Castillo to the Mariners for 4 prospects and two of them are in the top 70 prospects in baseball.

Reds got a good haul but at a certain point what's it matter if in 2-3 years these prospects turn into really good young pros and they ship them for other prospects just to save payroll. 

In terms of the trade. Great haul for the Reds. In terms of what it matters....I guess TBD. Again. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Reds got a good haul but at a certain point what's it matter if in 2-3 years these prospects turn into really good young pros and they ship them for other prospects just to save payroll. 

In terms of the trade. Great haul for the Reds. In terms of what it matters....I guess TBD. Again. 

Reds now have 6 top 100 prospects in MLB.  A lot of the top prospects are SS and 3B and hopefully some are athletic enough to move to the OF.  Also their top pick this year was a top 10 prospect in this year's draft.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds now have 6 top 100 prospects in MLB.  A lot of the top prospects are SS and 3B and hopefully some are athletic enough to move to the OF.  Also their top pick this year was a top 10 prospect in this year's draft.

This is what rebuilding teams do that’s have had success. Astros and Cubs under Theo to name a couple. Load up on prospects. Decide which ones to build around and then trade the others to fill other holes. All of this while trying to maintain a strong farm system. It appears Krall actually has a plan. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This is what rebuilding teams do that’s have had success. Astros and Cubs under Theo to name a couple. Load up on prospects. Decide which ones to build around and then trade the others to fill other holes. All of this while trying to maintain a strong farm system. It appears Krall actually has a plan. 

For a small market team that's fine, but once the Cubs won they needed to act more like the big market team (#4) they are and not pull the A's/Rays stuff all the time... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

For a small market team that's fine, but once the Cubs won they needed to act more like the big market team (#4) they are and not pull the A's/Rays stuff all the time... 

I agree on the Cubs. I was just stating that this is how a good rebuild should be done. Unlike what the Reds did with their previous rebuild attempt under Walt Jocketty. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I agree on the Cubs. I was just stating that this is how a good rebuild should be done. Unlike what the Reds did with their previous rebuild attempt under Walt Jocketty. 

Out of those 2 you mentioned, the Astros have done a much better job maintaining a winning team. The only year they haven't contended since they won the WS in 2017 was the COVID year (2020)... Other than that, they've finished 1st in their division every year. I understand the AL West might not be as strong as the NL Central, but making the playoffs is the goal.

As much as I despise the Yankees, I admire the way The Boss ran things. He may have went a bit overboard by discounting any season they didn't win the WS, but he was gonna do what it took for his team to win... And that expectation continues today... 

Edited by IUFLA

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Out of those 2 you mentioned, the Astros have done a much better job maintaining a winning team. The only year they haven't contended since they won the WS in 2017 was the COVID year (2020)... Other than that, they've finished 1st in their division every year. I understand the AL West might not be as strong as the NL Central, but making the playoffs is the goal.

As much as I despise the Yankees, I admire the way The Boss ran things. He may have went a bit overboard by discounting any season they didn't win the WS, but he was gonna do what it took for his team to win... And that expectation continues today... 

I would say that Yankees have taken a big step back in doing that under Cashman. He rarely is aggressive is trades to improve the teams holes they have at the deadline. Which is why they’ve underachieved in the postseason in recent years. He is aggressive in free agency however. 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I would say that Yankees have taken a big step back in doing that under Cashman. He rarely is aggressive is trades to improve the teams holes they have at the deadline. Which is why they’ve underachieved in the postseason in recent years. He is aggressive in free agency however. 

Their last WS title was in 2009, and The Boss passed in 2010... Correlation? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Stumbled across this:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10043614-potential-2022-mlb-trade-deadline-busts-to-avoid

I found it to be an interesting read...metrically speaking.

Forgot about Diaz as well and he should be our future closer. Until this year Berrios was one of our top prospects and he aus SS as well.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, IUFLA said:

As much as I despise the Yankees, I admire the way The Boss ran things. He may have went a bit overboard by discounting any season they didn't win the WS, but he was gonna do what it took for his team to win... And that expectation continues today..

Lot of Yankee fans were PO'd, me included. But after we found out what Seattle had to give to get him, we understood why Cashman held his ground. Yankees still need a starter and a reliever to contend with the Strohs. A silver lining is he didn't go to the Mets, Astros or Dodgers.