2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 hours ago, rico said:

I am praying that the Reds extend Luis...

Doubt they will because of his age and how devalued starting pitching is.  Why give a 30 year old starting pitcher a 5/125 mil contract.  Until baseball goes back and allows SP pitch more than 5 or 6 innings or a 100 pitches there is no need to pay that much for starters.  They probably will be going the Tampa Bay route where you develop your own players and then trade them off for prospects to replenish the system.  Problem is the Reds are not good at Scouting and developing 

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Doubt they will because of his age and how devalued starting pitching is.  Why give a 30 year old starting pitcher a 5/125 mil contract.  Until baseball goes back and allows SP pitch more than 5 or 6 innings or a 100 pitches there is no need to pay that much for starters.  They probably will be going the Tampa Bay route where you develop your own players and then trade them off for prospects to replenish the system.  Problem is the Reds are not good at Scouting and developing 

So the Reds should hire Tampa's scouting and developmental staff?  Brilliant idea!

1 minute ago, rico said:

So the Reds should hire Tampa's scouting and developmental staff?  Brilliant idea!

The thing they do have in their system is quality SP with 3 of them already in the majors do losing Castillo and Mahle won't hurt as much.  They need to get better position players in their system and can get them with trading Castillo 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing they do have in their system is quality SP with 3 of them already in the majors do losing Castillo and Mahle won't hurt as much.  They need to get better position players in their system and can get them with trading Castillo 

Definitely should be shopping for some corner outfielders.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Were you expecting someone to pitch a complete game?

No, but means lime 5 innings from the bullpen.  Green had to be a lot better with his pitch location and command.  See a lot of fast balls right down the middle and hanging breaking pitches. Now has given up 23 homers

Tonight's Reds game is already 3.5 hours old and it's only the top of the 8th.  What the Cardinals just did us what makes games go linger than it should.  Cardinals up 7-3 and their reliever Hicks had a 1,2,3 7th inning and he got the first guy out in the 8th. They took him out so the can bring in a LHP to face Bottom even though they are up 4 runs.  To me there is no need to make that change right there especially with a RH up next.

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think they need a LF, RF, 1B, They have some good infield prospects but they need outfield prospects badly 

As I said they need corner outfielders preferably with pop.  TySteve is the 1B after Votto fades away.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds pitchers walked 8 batters which was the difference.

The first thing I learned as a pitcher, the very first thing, was "throw strikes."

When I coached, I taught the same thing... Throw strikes...

I know at the higher levels it's a little more complex, but it still stands... Throw strikes...