2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Definitely seemed like the A.L. East was on a lot.

I remember an NBC "Game of the Week" in 1969 between the defending World Series champion Tigers against the expansion Seattle Pilots. The Tigers pitched a washed up guy named Joe Sparma, who won 3-2. I think Sparma was out of baseball the next year...

The Pilots uniforms were cool though... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I remember an NBC "Game of the Week" in 1969 between the defending World Series champion Tigers against the expansion Seattle Pilots. The Tigers pitched a washed up guy named Joe Sparma, who won 3-2. I think Sparma was out of baseball the next year...

I was pooping mustard in 1969...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I thought NBC did a great job with their baseball coverage and before the game I loved This Week IN Baseball.  To me that show had one of the best theme music of any sports network.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I was pooping mustard in 1969...

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That was even before my time

That summer was one of the highs of my fandom as a kid...

Didn't turn out so well for us Cub fans, but a great summer, none the less... 

• Like 2

Max Scherzer, fresh of the IL, is dealing tonight.  1 hitter through 6.  Dominant pitchers in their late 30's have always been a favorite of mine.  Verlander is another favorite of mine.  And, to think the Tigers used to have both.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Max Scherzer, fresh of the IL, is dealing tonight.  1 hitter through 6.  Dominant pitchers in their late 30's have always been a favorite of mine.  Verlancer is another favorite of mine.  And, to think the Tigers used to have both.  

Last week Scherzer pitched against the Reds and had 6 shutout innings

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Dick Allen was the epitome of cool... The mutton chop sideburns, stirrups. Always wore long sleeves, even on the hottest days...and used a 40 oz bat...

And how about the red White Sox unis?

AllenDick.jpg.c7f07fdc116584b8a000d93d2b80c75c.jpg

Thise were some nice uniforms.  

2 other things I'd do if I was the baseball Czar...

Make the players wear their regular uniforms in the all star game. Those all star unis are gaudy horse crap...

Make the Astros go back to the NL and the Brewers go back to the AL. Screw Bud Selig... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Whitt Merrifield's consecutive games played streak ends at 553.  The new leader is Matt Olson at 221.

https://www.espn.co.uk/mlb/story/_/id/34228099/kansas-city-royals-infielder-whit-merrifield-games-played-streak-ends-553

I've always been interested in non-standard stats like this.  

The Royals should have traded him a few years back.

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Dick Allen was the epitome of cool... The mutton chop sideburns, stirrups. Always wore long sleeves, even on the hottest days...and used a 40 oz bat...

And how about the red White Sox unis?

AllenDick.jpg.c7f07fdc116584b8a000d93d2b80c75c.jpg

I remember him as a rookie for the Phillies playing in old Connie Mack Stadium.  He was Ritchie Allen then...and he was one scary hitter for National League pitchers to face.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I remember him as a rookie for the Phillies playing in old Connie Mack Stadium.  He was Ritchie Allen then...and he was one scary hitter for National League pitchers to face.

That 1964 epic Phillies collapse was really my first memory of baseball. 6 1/2 game lead with 12 to play.

Older Phillie fans (and I know a few) hate the Reds Chico Ruiz to this day over it... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

That 1964 epic Phillies collapse was really my first memory of baseball. 6 1/2 game lead with 12 to play.

Older Phillie fans (and I know a few) hate the Reds Chico Ruiz to this day over it... 

Hey, everyone knows that stealing home in the 6th inning with two outs and Frank Robinson batting with two strikes makes complete sense.   😂 LOL

• Like 1