2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Yes it would.  It would also be reasonable to believe that his career will hit a injury snag ahead as well.  But I say he is worth the gamble and money based on the stats he has amassed thus far.  

Right. I mean, there's always a gamble element to all of this.. just saying, I think I'm team Soto here... and I'm usually not with these cases. 

My dad would disown me if I turned down 440 million though. Goodness. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

I think it was more of he didn't wanna stay in Washington than the money. They aren't gonna compete anytime soon. No sense is wasting your prime in a place that isn't gonna win. I think he'll take a little less to play for a contender.

I think it was the 15 years and the average salary of 29 mil a year is the reason he turned it down 

For the Cubs brethren. Willson Contreras asked for the ball after his 8th inning hit. After All Star break Cubs start on the road which goes up against trade deadline....asking for the ball for a record I get. Asking for a ball in this moment points to one thing. He knows he's getting dealt and that might be his last hit for the Cubs at Wrigley.

Watching the Cubs brass over the last few year as a fan you have to play chess not checkers. What a shame. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For the Cubs brethren. Willson Contreras asked for the ball after his 8th inning hit. After All Star break Cubs start on the road which goes up against trade deadline....asking for the ball for a record I get. Asking for a ball in this moment points to one thing. He knows he's getting dealt and that might be his last hit for the Cubs at Wrigley.

Watching the Cubs brass over the last few year as a fan you have to play chess not checkers. What a shame. 

Astros?

1 minute ago, rico said:

Astros?

No clue honestly. I could start typing about my Cubs and finish a six pack. Conventional wisdom says he's going to a team who wants to win now and cash in (like we did with Chapman)....but a catcher is such a unique position. Has to be a team with tons of prospects, maybe a starter....and a veteran staff that could mesh with a new catcher before October. Shoot I hope he goes to the Yankees. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue honestly. I could start typing about my Cubs and finish a six pack. Conventional wisdom says he's going to a team who wants to win now and cash in (like we did with Chapman)....but a catcher is such a unique position. Has to be a team with tons of prospects, maybe a starter....and a veteran staff that could mesh with a new catcher before October. Shoot I hope he goes to the Yankees. 

I will go with Houston as the #1 destination for Willson.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

With the MLB draft last night I saw a funny stat going around. In 1988 1,389 players were drafted before Mike Piazza. He was notified by mail that he was drafted. Not one player drafted after him ever played a single MLB game. 

And I think the only reason he was drafted was because Lasorda was a family friend... At least I remember hearing that... 

• Like 1