2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Reds defense is killing them. Yankees had 1st and 3rd and one out and Rizzo hit a routine ground ball to India and went right between his legs that shod have been a DP. Now they just messed up a run down between 2nd and 3rd but didn't have a guy covering second. Score is now 4-2 and the Yankees still batting. Should still be 4-0 and the Reds batting.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds defense is killing them. Yankees had 1st and 3rd and one out and Rizzo hit a routine ground ball to India and went right between his legs that shod have been a DP. Now they just messed up a run down between 2nd and 3rd but didn't have a guy covering second. Score is now 4-2 and the Yankees still batting. Should still be 4-0 and the Reds batting.

Well that didn't take long for the Reds to lose the 4-0 lead. Yankees up 5-4 after 3

Reds totally handed tonight's game to the Yankees. 4 unearned runs in the 5-run 3rd inning. Up 6-5 in the bottom of the 8th Stanton hit a homerun that went 315 feet and was determined that it wouldn't have been a homer in any other ballpark.  Top of 10th the Reds had 1st and 3rd and no outs and don't score.  Bottom of the 10th The Yankees had 1st and 2nd and one out and the reds pitcher threw two consecutive wild pitches to score the winning run.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds totally handed tonight's game to the Yankees. 4 unearned runs in the 5-run 3rd inning. Up 6-5 in the bottom of the 8th Stanton hit a homerun that went 315 feet and was determined that it wouldn't have been a homer in any other ballpark.  Top of 10th the Reds had 1st and 3rd and no outs and don't score.  Bottom of the 10th The Yankees had 1st and 2nd and one out and the reds pitcher threw two consecutive wild pitches to score the winning run.

India from hero to zero...

20 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Blue Jays fire manager Charlie Montoyo.  

I'm sure it's happened before but I don't remember this many managers being fired before All Star Break before.

I know my 2 White Sox friends are done with LaRussa...and Ozzie Guillen all but begged for the job on TV the other night.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm sure it's happened before but I don't remember this many managers being fired before All Star Break before.

I know my 2 White Sox friends are done with LaRussa...and Ozzie Guillen all but begged for the job on TV the other night.

How many times has a manager been fired before the AS break with a winning record?

1 hour ago, rico said:

How many times has a manager been fired before the AS break with a winning record?

That I don't know. This is an excerpt from a dated article...basically said that only 6% of the teams who make firings midseason (with winning or losing record) actually make the playoffs. 

And only five teams made the playoffs following that change: the 1988 Boston Red Sox, the 1989 Toronto Blue Jays, the 2003 Florida Marlins, the 2004 Houston Astros and last year’s Rockies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds scored 3 runs in the 8th to go up 4-1 but the Yankees has now scored 3 runs to tie it.  Bell is keeping Hoffman in way to long. He has given up a HR, BB, HR,BB

Finally took Hoffman out but Strickland has been no better by a BB and now a HBP now the bases is loaded with two outs

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds sure like to make the game interesting and exciting. Reds scored 3 runs in the top of the 10th but gave up 2 in the bottom of the 10th and left two runners on.

Too bad the Reds don't play in that weak AL East they 7-4 , 5-1 against the top 2 teams. Last night was the 1st game that I was able to watch the majority of. Castillo is so good gonna hate losing him.

• Like 1