2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Mariners have won 12 in a row. I had no idea until I looked at the standings. It's crazy how the Mariners and Braves got so little publicity for their double-digit win streaks this year. 

The Padres may have started their annual second half collapse a bit early this time. 7-14 in the last 3 weeks. 

This is shaping up to be a classic Minnesota Twins season: win 85-88 games in a weak division and get swept in the first playoff series. 

Both of the Central divisions stink. 

Having a lot of rookie DP can be frustrating and the last two days have been that for the Reds.

Today Ladolo 2IP, 5runs, 7 hits,3BB, 3HBP. 68 pitches.

Green last night 5IP, 4 runs,4BB, 105 pitches.

Reds pitcher are not pitch efficient at all and the last few games are walking about 7 batters a game.

56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Having a lot of rookie DP can be frustrating and the last two days have been that for the Reds.

Today Ladolo 2IP, 5runs, 7 hits,3BB, 3HBP. 68 pitches.

Green last night 5IP, 4 runs,4BB, 105 pitches.

Reds pitcher are not pitch efficient at all and the last few games are walking about 7 batters a game.

Reds just mucking it up with errors lately. They look bad. Cards are WS contenders if they could only play the bad teams lol. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm still trying to understand how the Nationals think Juan Soto is worth a half Billion? Really struggling that he thinks he could turn that down.

Good player for sure.....but no f way. 

I think he turned the 15 years down way before the $ amount though, right? 

Nationals wise... thats 29 million a year. You don't think that's reasonable for him? I'm absolutely not an expert on baseball contracts, but WSH sure has a habit of not signing their talent long term. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by btownqb

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think he turned the 15 years down way before the $ amount though, right? 

Nationals wise... thats 29 million a year. You don't think that's reasonable for him? I'm absolutely not an expert on baseball contracts, but WSH sure has a habit of not signing their talent long term. 🤷‍♂️

I don't have any data to back it up but these monster contracts just seem like they paralyze an organization....and you end up shipping him in 3 years pay half the contract still.

I'm just waiting to see what organization offers what to get him. If the perceived value of Soto is that much what will they want? 4-5 of someone's best prospects plus ??

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't have any data to back it up but these monster contracts just seem like they paralyze an organization....and you end up shipping him in 3 years pay half the contract still.

I'm just waiting to see what organization offers what to get him. If the perceived value of Soto is that much what will they want? 4-5 of someone's best prospects plus ??

I think it is worth pointing out that Soto is on a HoF pace.  With that being said, I have no idea what a player of his caliber(and youth) would draw on today's market.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I think it is worth pointing out that Soto is on a HoF pace.  With that being said, I have no idea what a player of his caliber(and youth) would draw on today's market.

From my Theo brain....I'd rather overpay the average yearly salary but for shorter time. Instead of 15 years at an average of $30M per year...I'd go 6 years at $35M per year....or something along those lines. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Oh quite a bit, no doubt. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

From my Theo brain....I'd rather overpay the average yearly salary but for shorter time. Instead of 15 years at an average of $30M per year...I'd go 6 years at $35M per year....or something along those lines. 

Can't disagree.  But the numbers on this guy are something else.  Yet to turn 24, on pace for 3,000 hits and 600 HRs.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

its also more than reasonable to believe Juan's best days are ahead of him

Yes it would.  It would also be reasonable to believe that his career will hit a injury snag ahead as well.  But I say he is worth the gamble and money based on the stats he has amassed thus far.