Offseason 2022

11 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

Can IU contact guys who have entered the transfer portal immediately, or is there an official date to wait on where players can be contacted in person?

10 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

Can IU contact guys who have entered the transfer portal immediately, or is there an official date to wait on where players can be contacted in person?

I think it falls somewhere between your first and second post.  :coffee:

• Haha 6

Top rated PGs (NC State, Drexel, PSU, Indiana State) in the transfer portal Vs Xavier Johnson

The ISU and Drexel kid played in weak conferences so i don't expect them to show as much in the B1G. 

The NC State kid is inferior to Xavier across the board and he is ranked #1 in the portal for some reason.

The Kid from PSU might be worth looking at, but he isn't a huge upgrade over Xavier.  Lower Assist average but shot it a bit better. 

The kid from Drexel shot better from 2, worst from 3, had a lower assist average. his Per and Ws are lower overall.  All this coming from a inferior conference.

Xavier has been steady his whole career.  His numbers don't move much.  You're getting what you see with him.  And its not that bad.  Plus he plays good defense.

image.png.8d937d6f2065bcf7dec1bb5307710818.png

image.png.81ab80104d0c270ac890f3fbdb822c8b.png

image.png.bb2571139bb0422f1486f6098144c84e.png

image.png.c7a087dff730ee1885ff766c04dbbc15.png

image.png.0a1c68b2d187b83e3d8385c5c4c857c5.png

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

The Kid from PSU might be worth looking at, but he isn't a huge upgrade over Xavier.

Sessoms isn't even close to XJ on the defensive end, and is a streaky shooter...he can get to the hoop, but I would consider him a step down from Xavier Johnson...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Coach Shep said:

available in the portal10980222.jpg

If Woodson approached the young man and offered him a spot on the IU roster, he would get turned down.  No current starter is going to enter the transfer portal and go to a place where they would be a backup.  Make no mistake about it.  He would be a backup to Xavier Johnson.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am more than happy with X as our PG, with the recruits we have coming in building the future.

We need athletic wings and shooters.

Front court is unknown.

Agree.. no question. I assume you know I love XJ. I think though with his versatility defensively... he gives you options on what kind of guard you can add in the portal... to me, it's best available (as long as its not a Curbelo completely ball dominant player. 

If its a smaller guy like Pack, that's fine.. if its a 6'6 3 and D guy... that is fine too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sessoms isn't even close to XJ on the defensive end, and is a streaky shooter...he can get to the hoop, but I would consider him a step down from Xavier Johnson...

Agree and add to it that Sessoms isn't really a point guard. He's more of a combo guard or short 2. 

He's not remotely the playmaker that XJ is. Not even close. Would be a big downgrade. 

Alongside XJ or off the bench, then it would be solid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

If Woodson approached the young man and offered him a spot on the IU roster, he would get turned down.  No current starter is going to enter the transfer portal and go to a place where they would be a backup.  Make no mistake about it.  He would be a backup to Xavier Johnson.  

Just me asking, as I am all for blowing Coach Shep as much s*** as possible... could they both start? Have you seen Drexel play, I haven't? 

Didn't know if they could compliment each other

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just me asking, as I am all for blowing Coach Shep as much s*** as possible... could they both start? Have you seen Drexel play, I haven't? 

Didn't know if they could compliment each other

I guess they could, but the Drexel kid shot 27% from deep last season.  I would be looking for someone that shoots it better than that.  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

We need a serviceable big man, but if Race comes back, I think we're good enough at that spot, especially if we can add someone like Bielfeldt.

We need shooting like 1000x more, though.

I am just saying we need more of an impactful players than a Ziesloft