Offseason 2022

5 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Oh boy. I needed another reason to keep checking.  Interesting you say that here and not the transfer portal thread. 🤔🤔

That could go either way but exit meetings are happening and have happened for some already. I expect news on who leaves before news on who is coming. There may or may not be 1 or 2 in the portal being told the spot is conditional with the following .....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

That would be incredible, albeit hard to imagine. Have to wonder what that would do in regards to JG.  

If all 3 are back, I really hope Geronimo stays and starts on the wing. Race and TJD could spell each other a bit more, and then you have XJ and JHS as the starting guards. I think it works. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

That would be incredible, albeit hard to imagine. Have to wonder what that would do in regards to JG.  

I think Geronimo could occupy minutes at the 3 or the 4, getting plenty of minutes.

I'd be really surprised if he left, but then again, I didn't see Fife getting fired either.🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Our current lineup of Race and TJD at the four and five is already problematic and then you add another player who has to guard a guard and handle it more and they aren’t very good at it….spells trouble to me.  

I remember Christian Watford guarding guards.  It can be done effectively.  Geronimo can also improve his ball-handling skills.  He already shows a nice stroke from distance.

I'm not sure Woody would let Race stay if he thought it was going to cost him Geronimo.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Looking at some season stats-- 

JG- 430 mins-- 31 turnovers and 9 assists. 25-44 FT and 9-29 or 31% from 3

MK- 879 mins-- 32 turnovers and 37 assists.  32-37 FT. Kopp was 39-108 from 3 or 36%.

Such a shame we had a guard with significant minutes shoot less than 27% from distance this season...