Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I'm out.  This was handled great.  Fife was the devil incarnate and Woodson and the IU AD are blameless and perfect.  

Going to go hop on my unicorn and fly off to eat skittles and count gold at the end of my rainbow.

Ok. 

I didn't want to believe this crap either, man. Dane was a favorite for me, as well. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Others, including Dakich, have said that Rabjohns does what IU administration wants.  He earns a living by having access to information from IU.

Yeah but this is the problem with assuming anything Dakich said is the full truth. He earns a living by starting shit about IU all the time. So the same skepticism you have re: Peegs applies to DD. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I'm out.  This was handled great.  Fife was the devil incarnate and Woodson and the IU AD are blameless and perfect.  

Going to go hop on my unicorn and fly off to eat skittles and count gold at the end of my rainbow.

If you try very hard you just might get into the same galaxy as our couple all knowing spotless perfect in all ways posters

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It was literally bullet point #1 FFS.

I read it with a strong emphasis on if.  As if none of it were true.  Thats been your tone so why would anyone read it any differently?

I have no reason to dislike Fife.  Old teaching friends with his MIL.  Never experienced him personally when I was on campus with him at the same time.  I wondered about him sticking with Izzo for a decade and through some of the trashiest behavior that Izzo exhibited in his tenure.  I have questions that will never get answered but I don't blame him.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Ok. 

I didn't want to believe this crap either, man. Dane was a favorite for me, as well. 

You missed the sarcasm.

Dane has blame.  Woody has blame.  The IU admin has blame.  One of the mafia lieutenants has fallen out of favor and now everyone that has reasons to stay on the Don's good side is lining up to shove a knife in.  Not disputing that mistakes and bad decisions are possible on Fife's side, I am just not sucking up the current narrative out there right now because it is all coming from people who have reasons to stick a knife in someone's back.  Their livelihoods literally depend on getting in line.  Something I was just asking people to keep in mind with everything that is coming out.  And the guy getting the shiv is at a real disadvantage because future job prospects almost demand he keep his mouth shut in public and not defend himself.

All I am saying is that some of you are really quick to pile on and take things as true based on what basically IU Pravda is telling you.  Just realize that any kernel of truth to this story right now is being given a spin.

• Like 1

-offering MC when he wasnt suppose to

-not calling back IN HS coaches 

-conversation with Kyle Flips parents at dinner that he nor any other HS kid needed NIL and the scholarship was enough

-completely disregard for office etiquette-- blatantly being rude, abravsive

-not landing promised recruits

-constant conversations with players about politics to the point it was annoying the players 

-leaking plenty of info at different times in his time here 

-drunk tweets about MSUs student section

-tweets about NIL after a huge IU meeting and the direction they were going in. He was told to take those down..

It is unfortunate Dane put Woodson in the position he did. There wasn't really another option though. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I read it with a strong emphasis on if.  As if none of it were true.  Thats been your tone so why would anyone read it any differently?

I have no reason to dislike Fife.  Old teaching friends with his MIL.  Never experienced him personally when I was on campus with him at the same time.  I wondered about him sticking with Izzo for a decade and through some of the trashiest behavior that Izzo exhibited in his tenure.  I have questions that will never get answered but I don't blame him.  

Yeah it is an if.  I have no proof of any of that and anyone I am hearing it from has reasons to couch whatever Fife did in as negative a way as possible.  I wouldn't take Fige's side of this as gospel either because I bet he has a whole bunch of not so comfortable things to say about Woodson as well, but he would be biased too.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You missed the sarcasm.

Dane has blame.  Woody has blame.  The IU admin has blame.  One of the mafia lieutenants has fallen out of favor and now everyone that has reasons to stay on the Don's good side is lining up to shove a knife in.  Not disputing that mistakes and bad decisions are possible on Fife's side, I am just not sucking up the current narrative out there right now because it is all coming from people who have reasons to stick a knife in someone's back.  Their livelihoods literally depend on getting in line.  Something I was just asking people to keep in mind with everything that is coming out.  And the guy getting the shiv is at a real disadvantage because future job prospects almost demand he keep his mouth shut in public and not defend himself.

All I am saying is that some of you are really quick to pile on and take things as true based on what basically IU Pravda is telling you.  Just realize that any kernel of truth to this story right now is being given a spin.

Failing to see what Woodson did wrong. I don't see a damn thing wrong with the press release, Dane is lucky it was that nice. 

No one said anything against Dane until more and more information came out. Actually, it was people automatically ripping Woodson. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Failing to see what Woodson did wrong. I don't see a damn thing wrong with the press release, Dane is lucky it was that nice. 

No one said anything against Dane until more and more information came out. Actually, it was people automatically ripping Woodson. 

Agree to disagree.

And I really need to stick with my initial plan and stop responding.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 1

What positive aspect of the program did Fife contribute to or was responsible for? We never heard of games where he had the “scout” and did a great job. No recruiting wins and even worse, no momentum on the recruiting trail. Did he work directly with 1-2 players like a JG and focus on player development? 

What exactly are we losing besides a nostalgic tie to better days?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The second part is 100% fact for THIS thread. 

"No one said anything against Dane until more and more information came out. Actually, it was people automatically ripping Woodson. "

I just went back through AND this is verifiably true - anyone who does not believe, go check. The first couple of pages dismiss the rumor and it is on page 3 (when rumor gained legs on Wednesday) that there are a slew of unfounded attacks on CMW. 

This board has always been quick to attack CMW; anyone who doubts this should just go back to the CMW hire threads. Then we discuss not defending our own. 

CMW is the coach and probably will be for 6-10 years. Let's stop eating our own and see how things play out. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't really mean to pick at anybody with my posts on this...

I see both sides...

But the bottom line is, Coach Woodson has a program to build, and he's not going to compromise in building it. 

I'm not thrilled that Fife looks bad in this simply by Rabjohns' post, but I understand the way the world works nowadays...

I hope Dane winds up in a better spot for him...

I just hope he doesn't pursue a career as a sports radio host

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I just went back through AND this is verifiably true - anyone who does not believe, go check. The first couple of pages dismiss the rumor and it is on page 3 (when rumor gained legs on Wednesday) that there are a slew of unfounded attacks on CMW. 

This board has always been quick to attack CMW; anyone who doubts this should just go back to the CMW hire threads. Then we discuss not defending our own. 

CMW is the coach and probably will be for 6-10 years. Let's stop eating our own and see how things play out. 

I honestly don't give 2 shit either way about Coach Woodson or Coach Fife.  There are those automatically defend Coach Woodson and see no wrong with anything he ever does.  And there are those who don't like him at all no matter what he does.  Nature of the internet.  It allows everyone to have a voice and some are louder than others.  And it's almost always based on zero facts

Keep up the good fight guys.  Die on those hills.  Keeps me busy reading when work is slow :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

...There are those automatically defend Coach Woodson and see no wrong with anything he ever does... 

I do not think this is accurate at all (although it mostly does apply to me 🤣). I think the majority of the (vocal part) of the board has been critical of CMW at some point - if not much of the time.

From my recollection, it was mostly only IUFLA - sorry IUFLA if you were not one of the early defender and I am misremembering - and myself who initially defended the CMW hire on this board. 

Glad to provide entertainment though!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

If you try very hard you just might get into the same galaxy as our couple all knowing spotless perfect in all ways posters

Honestly, you and the few others who keep making these type of comments are so freaking tired. Get some new material. 

I get it, you and your little posse don't like @btownqb and me. The amount of backhanded shots that you all take is beyond childish. Cut the shit with your little passive aggressive comments - just say what you mean so we can all move on. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I honestly don't give 2 shit either way about Coach Woodson or Coach Fife.  There are those automatically defend Coach Woodson and see no wrong with anything he ever does.  And there are those who don't like him at all no matter what he does.  Nature of the internet.  It allows everyone to have a voice and some are louder than others.  And it's almost always based on zero facts

Keep up the good fight guys.  Die on those hills.  Keeps me busy reading when work is slow :P 

What is there to see wrong? He fired a guy that wasn't a fit.

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Honestly, you and the few others who keep making these type of comments are so freaking tired. Get some new material. 

I get it, you and your little posse don't like @btownqb and me. The amount of backhanded shots that you all take is beyond childish. Cut the shit with your little passive aggressive comments - just say what you mean so we can all move on. 

Right. It would be much easier. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

The second part is 100% fact for THIS thread. 

"No one said anything against Dane until more and more information came out. Actually, it was people automatically ripping Woodson. "

This I have a problem with...and I would also agree that it was 100% the reason behind Rabjohn's unfortunate post.  There was waaaaaay too much assumption that this was 100% on Woody before more information came out.  Go back and read the first pages of this topic because the posters ripping Woodson and deifying Fife share in the blame for all the dirt coming out.

Yes, Rabby shouldn't have done what he did, but if you're objective at all, you can see why it happened. It's laughable to think that this fanbase would have accepted the firing without additional information. 

Fault all around, but it sure looks like most of this is on Dane.  I'll reserve final judgment for later like many of the early posters SHOULD have done but unless the story changes a lot going forward, hard to think that Dane wasn't his own biggest enemy here.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Muddy River said:

So, you think he should've fired himself???

I think I've made it pretty clear as have others you can let someone go and let the news drop without clarifying that he wasnt a good fit here, when the reality is we all wish our players fit into a dane fife. He's not some terrible person who broke the rules. Theres no need to clarify his departure but we did. I cant repeat it anymore

Just now, Bushmage said:

I think I've made it pretty clear as have others you can let someone go and let the news drop without clarifying that he wasnt a good fit here, when the reality is we all wish our players fit into a dane fife. He's not some terrible person who broke egregious rules. it sounds like he was a square peg in a round hole with a lot of rumors we cant verify that should have never even been leaked by publications with relationships to the program. Theres no need to clarify his departure but we did. I cant repeat it anymore

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

I think I've made it pretty clear as have others you can let someone go and let the news drop without clarifying that he wasnt a good fit here, when the reality is we all wish our players fit into a dane fife. He's not some terrible person who broke the rules. Theres no need to clarify his departure but we did. I cant repeat it anymore

Dane on the court, sure. Not off.