Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think I'm always right, but I do defend my position pretty vigorously until I am convinced I'm wrong. I actually enjoy when someone convinces me I'm wrong, but I'll try to be more mindful of the tone I use and how it might rub some people the wrong way. 

If we could just get back to a Final Four we would have to find other things to argue about. Man that would be nice. In the end we all want the same thing except for those Purdue losers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It's not the rest of the board that talks some big game. It's a very specific group of you including you, Billingsley, NCHoosier, Iowa, and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting. You guys talk in these passive aggressive tones all the time and try to act really smart, then keep your panties in a wad when anyone calls you out or disagrees with you - it's a message board, the entire point is we talk and sometimes disagree. 

I don't agree with @BobSaccamannoon this issue, but he isn't being a passive aggressive child about anything. I've had disagreements with @IUFLA in the past and we DMed to make sure we are all good on things. This is how adults handle things, not getting in passive aggressive jabs every chance they get because they don't know how to have an adult conversation with someone who doesn't fit exactly into their bubble. 

And to clarify, I'm not attacking you guys. I'm just really tired of the schtick. And to quote you, "everybody sees it man". 

Again, “big game”? What big game? Your ego is pretty apparent. This isn’t some pissing contest. It’s a message board. And obviously I’m not afraid to call you out because I just did.

The “schtick” is what? A different opinion than yours? Because most everything you say is an opinion. You do realize that right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Again, “big game”? What big game? Your ego is pretty apparent. This isn’t some pissing contest. It’s a message board. And obviously I’m not afraid to call you out because I just did.

The “schtick” is what? A different opinion than yours? Because most everything you say is an opinion. You do realize that right? 

Well for you specifically, it's the way you talk down to the players and coaches then position your opinion as best because you "watch the game like a coach." Then you pout when you get called out. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I think we can all agree that what makes this forum better than others is that we can all disagree with each other while still keeping it civil and respectful, realizing we are all rooting for the same team. For whatever reason, this thread has turned ugly and some of these lines are being crossed. I understand the frustration with this situation, since many of us grew up watching one, or both of these guys play for the Hoosiers and have a loyalty to them.

Maybe we can all call a truce on the back and forth attacks on this. It just feels like beating a dead horse at this point. Everyone has made their points numerous times. Again, remember we are all on the same team. This program needs some positive news to break this weekend so we can all move past this. Go Hoosiers!!

Ah, sez you! 

😉

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So, what would take to convince you Dane did this stuff? Like... for you to be able to confidently say, yes Dane did that. 

That's an interesting question and all those things about Dane might be true though I'm skeptical  I would put more stock in Dane's history as an assistant coach. Some of those assertions seem so ridiculous I just can't imagine him doing it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Well for you specifically, it's the way you talk down to the players and coaches then position your opinion as best because you "watch the game like a coach." Then you pout when you get called out. 

Talk down to players? Feel free to search and enlighten me on what qualifies as talking down. I throw plenty of frustrated criticisms out there just like EVERYBODY else, but I know you’re reaching here so say what you want.

I pout? 🤣. Impressive you can see that through message board posts. Again, you’re reaching bc you have to get the last dig in. I’ve stopped watching games from a coaching mindset 🤣because you pretty much told me I was an idiot. Remember that? Kind of fits into the point of all of this. 

You can have the last word, as I’m moving on. Way more important things to do. 

Just now, Sharp75 said:

That's an interesting question and all those things about Dane might be true though I'm skeptical  I would put more stock in Dane's history as an assistant coach. Some of those assertions seem so ridiculous I just can't imagine him doing it.

That was my initial reaction, as well. This didn't come out of the blue though. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

That was my initial reaction, as well. This didn't come out of the blue though. 

Understood and I don't doubt that you have good sources. as to what it would take for me to actually believe it if he coaches somewhere else and runs into a similar situation then I would consider it verified if not I'm not likely to give it much credence. I guess because I personally would like to be judged that way as well more by my history than by what some anonymous person says about me

2 minutes ago, Sharp75 said:

Understood and I don't doubt that you have good sources. as to what it would take for me to actually believe it if he coaches somewhere else and runs into a similar situation then I would consider it verified if not I'm not likely to give it much credence. I guess because I personally would like to be judged that way as well more by my history than by what some anonymous person says about me

But he is being judged by his actions. Perfectly fine not to want to pass judgment. 

Edited by btownqb

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Honestly, you and the few others who keep making these type of comments are so freaking tired. Get some new material. 

I get it, you and your little posse don't like @btownqb and me. The amount of backhanded shots that you all take is beyond childish. Cut the shit with your little passive aggressive comments - just say what you mean so we can all move on. 

I have zero problem with you.  I think we agree more than we disagree.  

• Like 1

I didn't ask you to validate my point of view at all, I asked you to explain what Woodson did wrong? He is the head coach and he fired a guy that hadn't delivered a recruit, undermined the program, etc. 

We can have a separate discussion about Woodson and his faults as a coach, but nothing about firing Dane Fife was out of line. I'm not defending Woodson as a perfect coach at all. 

I never said he didn't do anything right or wrong.  Why you asked me to explain myself is still the issue.  Why do you care what i think when i never stated what i think.

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But he is being judged by his actions. Perfectly fine not to want to pass judgment. 

Interesting. I don't have any problem with someone being judged for their actions. By the way you make that statement it seems you consider that the things said about Dane are completely verified is that true

Just now, Sharp75 said:

Interesting. I don't have any problem with someone being judged for their actions. By the way you make that statement it seems you consider that the things said about Dane are completely verified is that true

I think almost all of what is being alleged is true, yes. I spoke with a guy that has had very specific information before. Which I completely understand others on the board will laugh at me about... no problem with that. 

And ultimately where I am... most of those incidents are fireable by themselves. 

12 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I never said he didn't do anything right or wrong.  Why you asked me to explain myself is still the issue.  Why do you care what i think when i never stated what i think.

Because it's a message board, it's completely normal to ask people to explain things. That's a normal part of conversation. 

It's not the rest of the board that talks some big game. It's a very specific group of you including you, Billingsley, NCHoosier, Iowa, and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting. You guys talk in these passive aggressive tones all the time and try to act really smart, then keep your panties in a wad when anyone calls you out or disagrees with you - it's a message board, the entire point is we talk and sometimes disagree. 

I don't agree with @BobSaccamannoon this issue, but he isn't being a passive aggressive child about anything. I've had disagreements with @IUFLA in the past and we DMed to make sure we are all good on things. This is how adults handle things, not getting in passive aggressive jabs every chance they get because they don't know how to have an adult conversation with someone who doesn't fit exactly into their bubble. 

And to clarify, I'm not attacking you guys. I'm just really tired of the schtick. And to quote you, "everybody sees it man". 

What the hell did I do in this thread to get attacked? I am not passive aggressive about shit.  I didn't call you or anyone else.  WTF Man

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Because it's a message board, it's completely normal to ask people to explain things. That's a normal part of conversation. 

I don't care what Woodson does with his team.  I don't care what Fife did or didn't do to get fired.  I don't care.  That is my stance.  It doesn't affect my life one way or the other.