First Four - Wyoming Pre Game Thread

02Hoosier

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Those were the days.  Carrying the old 11 inch black and white around the house trying to get optimum reception.  Rabbit ears wrapped in aluminum foil.

Always one of my 2 favorite times of the year (October with the baseball playoffs/World Series was the other)...

High school hoops started being televised at the semi-states, then through the finals...

And college was full on March Madness...

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Those were the days.  Carrying the old 11 inch black and white around the house trying to get optimum reception.  Rabbit ears wrapped in aluminum foil.

Driving around in the car in Sarasota to listen to IU games on WOWO. That's dedication.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Cowboy Bob / SAMMY TERRY And Popeye and Janie / Local Cartoon Show and  Horror Movie Host Of Indiana | Indiana, Memories, Childhood memories

Blast from the past.....

I was born in 1968. I loved watching cartoons with Janie when I got home from school school, Sammy Terry's scary movies on Friday night, cartoons with Cowboy Bob on Saturday mornings. Those were some good times, good memories!!!

Was telling my wife about Milton the Monster last night, and she had no idea what I was referencing. Needless to say, I decided it wasn't worth the time to go into Tom Slick.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Was telling my wife about Milton the Monster last night, and she had no idea what I was referencing. Needless to say, I decided it wasn't worth the time to go into Tom Slick.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it...

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Where is everyone watching from tonight? And any rituals/superstitions you have to ensure a win?

I'm breaking out the candy stripes and making a whiskey and coke.  Used to do it for every game, but I kind of stopped after 2014 or so.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

Does beating Wyoming make the season a success regardless of what happens next?  Is just getting to this point already enough to make it a success? They are playing in the tournament. They won 20 games. By all measures they improved and I want to say it is a success. But a loss tonight would really tarnish it, in my opinion.

this is a good question.  i don't like where we finished in the B1G or never being ranked during the season, but making the tourney is very nice.  i guess in the sense that this is a play-in game, we really need to win this one at least.  i really think we can win vs. SM as well and that would bring some real excitement back!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I have a dinner with the wife and her brother to celebrate his birthday. I'm hoping I'm out of there on time. Worst case, I might have to catch the first few minutes on the radio.

Wearing my IU shirt.

If things start looking like you're gonna miss the game just give us the restaurant's phone number and we'll give you a reason to leave. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1