NCAA Tournament

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I got alopecia from an ugly bout of flu about 20 years ago.  Took more than a year to grow back.  I was 35 with a Gene Keady combover.  20 years later, I've got a full head of hair...just a bizarre affliction.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I got alopecia from an ugly bout of flu about 20 years ago.  Took more than a year to grow back.  I was 35 with a Gene Keady combover.  20 years later, I've got a full head of hair...just a bizarre affliction.

Honestly never heard about it until today. So just a bad virus or whatever attacks hair or hair growth? Sorry to derail thread guys.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly never heard about it until today. So just a bad virus or whatever attacks hair or hair growth? Sorry to derail thread guys.

Definitely viral.  Mine was called alopecia areata, which meant that it was patchy vs. total baldness (alopecia totalis).  I had bald spots as big as silver dollars.  There's not a lot you can do for it beyond letting it run it's course.  Sometimes the hair grows back in either curly or white.  Affects about 2% of the population and is more common in children.  If you see an adult with a white patch of hair in the middle of a mostly darker head, odds are, they've had alopecia in the past.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Definitely viral.  Mine was called alopecia areata, which meant that it was patchy vs. total baldness (alopecia totalis).  I had bald spots as big as silver dollars.  There's not a lot you can do for it beyond letting it run it's course.  Sometimes the hair grows back in either curly or white.  Affects about 2% of the population and is more common in children.  If you see an adult with a white patch of hair in the middle of a mostly darker head, odds are, they've had alopecia in the past.

So is that what the Providence coach has because he has just patchy bald spots

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Jack Ferguson, second highest scorer is from FtWayne Homestead. Same high school as Caleb Swanigan, Luke Goode from Illinois, and the younger Loyer kid who was just named Mr. Basketball and is going to PUke

Nice! We're PA, the kid is #4. His mom was my 8th grade French teacher over 25+ years ago 🤣

• Like 1