NCAA Tournament

In the last 2 minutes of the game, roughly 4 close calls have went against Davidson and for MSU.  In one possession they called 4 fouls on Davidson.  Then they reviewed a charge where the MSU player was in the circle and moving, after the player rose, still stuck with the charge.  Next play, clear tie up, foul on Davidson.  Even schmuck Izzo was smiling and whispering to his staff.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Jack Ferguson, second highest scorer is from FtWayne Homestead. Same high school as Caleb Swanigan, Luke Goode from Illinois, and the younger Loyer kid who was just named Mr. Basketball and is going to PUke

They haven’t named Mr. Basketball yet. He won Gatorade POTY for the state but I think they name Mr. Basketball after the tournament is over. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

In the last 2 minutes of the game, roughly 4 close calls have went against Davidson and for MSU.  In one possession they called 4 fouls on Davidson.  Then they reviewed a charge where the MSU player was in the circle and moving, after the player rose, still stuck with the charge.  Next play, clear tie up, foul on Davidson.  Even schmuck Izzo was smiling and whispering to his staff.  

Davidson was trying to foul because they only had 4 fouls at that point.  They didn't want to wait to start fouling to late

21 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So I actually thought the charge call was correct, in the sense that the replay shouldn't overturn it because the rule is written so poorly.

Replay only allows to review if the guy in the circle when contact was made, which IMO, he clearly wasn't. But he also was clearly moving forward into an airborne shooter and it was a clear foul.

EDIT: After this referenced sequence, they missed another turnover on MSU that they called a bogus foul, and when Davidson hit a three to cut it to one they refused to review the time left on the clock when the Davidson bench was begging for it. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Davidson was trying to foul because they only had 4 fouls at that point.  They didn't want to wait to start fouling to late

I switched and started watching at the 4th foul, which Davidson was irate that it was called and I was like wow, that's not a foul.  I didn't understand the 3 fouls leading up, just heard the announcer say that was the 4th.  

18 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So I actually thought the charge call was correct, in the sense that the replay shouldn't overturn it because the rule is written so poorly.

Replay only allows to review if the guy in the circle when contact was made, which IMO, he clearly wasn't. But he also was clearly moving forward into an airborne shooter and it was a clear foul.

EDIT: After this referenced sequence, they missed another turnover on MSU that they called a bogus foul, and when Davidson hit a three to cut it to one they refused to review the time left on the clock when the Davidson bench was begging for it. 

Gotcha.  

Yeah, so what's the point of replay, if the refs can't go, "my bad, I got it wrong."