NCAA Tournament

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I agree Duke has gotten into some shady stuff but UNC’s and KU’s to me were uglier, more brazen, and just totally flouting the rules.  Then they got away with it.  

Meanwhile IU self punished in a way that we sacrificed three years.  

Thanks for clarifying. I would contend Duke is in the same league as those two but their holier than thou image tends to cover up a lot of their shenanigans.

Where UNC and KU will look you in the eye and say “so what?”, Duke will look you in the eye and gaslight you and lie about any wrong doing ever taking place. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Thanks for clarifying. I would contend Duke is in the same league as those two but their holier than thou image tends to cover up a lot of their shenanigans.

Where UNC and KU will look you in the eye and say “so what?”, Duke will look you in the eye and gaslight you and lie about any wrong doing ever taking place. 

Fair enough.  I agree with you on Duke at many levels.  Their student body plays the “we are smart” kids and then their team is composed of ringers whose academic status is a total sham.  It’s a total sell out of what they are supposed to be as an academic institution.  The gaslight thing is accurate when it comes to paying off Magette’s mom and Zion’s house etc while they pretend K is a teacher of ethical play.  K is so transparent in his desire to make a show for the public about the supposed right way to do things.  It’s a joke.

But nothing has annoyed me more than UNC’s academic scandal.  And then the NCAA, which ostensibly is supposed to govern student-athletes, had some contrived BS reasoning to let them get away it.  

• Like 2

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Fair enough.  I agree with you on Duke at many levels.  Their student body plays the “we are smart” kids and then their team is composed of ringers whose academic status is a total sham.  It’s a total sell out of what they are supposed to be as an academic institution.  The gaslight thing is accurate when it comes to paying off Magette’s mom and Zion’s house etc while they pretend K is a teacher of ethical play.  K is so transparent in his desire to make a show for the public about the supposed right way to do things.  It’s a joke.

But nothing has annoyed me more than UNC’s academic scandal.  And then the NCAA, which ostensibly is supposed to govern student-athletes, had some contrived BS reasoning to let them get away it.  

I can’t think of one Power 5 team that fairly represents the academic makeup of the university 

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Kids need to learn the art of the jump stop instead of trying to go all the way to the basket

Well, you couldn’t complain about shooting since KU was at 54%, and you couldn’t complain about a low scoring game, since they were over80. 

Had to find something that the good ol days did better, right Scott?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, you couldn’t complain about shooting since KU was at 54%, and you couldn’t complain about a low scoring game, since they were over80. 

Had to find something that the good ol days did better, right Scott?

Wrong because I was just stating on that one play where the Villanova player charged.  The KU defensive player was there for awhile so all he had to do was pull up for a short jumper.  I commented plenty on how well KU played offensively.

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Every team is stained, it’s just a matter of who is getting caught. 

Eh...yes and no.  I think there are different levels of "stain"  People like Will Wade are among the worst.  I'm not saying Jay Wright is perfect, but I'd be really surprised if he were misbehaving at the level of Will Wade, Rick Pitino or Sean Miller.  The worse you misbehave, the more likely you are to eventually be exposed.  It's not a 100% linear relationship, but I do believe it's highly correlated.

I have zero issue with Duke. Coach K continues to put together a winning squad from since I can remember to now in 2022. This isn’t a Brady Bunch world. They stand tonight on the big stage. Recruits watching. K is an RMK student. A Master of the game. Exactly where I want IU to get back to.