NCAA Tournament

The college coaches need to start to evaluate how they play on the offensive end.  Most of teams struggle to score 70 and the shooting is not good.  I see guys who you might consider a scorer but I see very few I would call a pure shooter.  I see how people say today's style of offense is more efficient but that is so far from being true.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The college coaches need to start to evaluate how they play on the offensive end.  Most of teams struggle to score 70 and the shooting is not good.  I see guys who you might consider a scorer but I see very few I would call a pure shooter.  I see how people say today's style of offense is more efficient but that is so far from being true.

Scott, unless the universe changes, you are not going to see coaches adapt their style of play. Recruits aren’t going to come to a program that plays how the game was played back in the day. Elite talent wants to play fast, exhibit their athleticism, and damn some of the fundamentals.

We will never go back to what you long for. No matter how much you criticize today’s game, it’s not going to revert to what was played 40 years ago 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Scott, unless the universe changes, you are not going to see coaches adapt their style of play. Recruits aren’t going to come to a program that plays how the game was played back in the day. Elite talent wants to play fast, exhibit their athleticism, and damn some of the fundamentals.

We will never go back to what you long for. No matter how much you criticize today’s game, it’s not going to revert to what was played 40 years ago 

That is the thing teams don't play fast and the pace is slower than it was in the past

You have to give him points for consistency…I mean literally every game and almost a day doesn’t go by that he doesn’t refer to 40 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well go back 15-20 years it was better than what this is.

Not sure about that….the difference 30-40 years ago was simply the best and most talented players by and large stuck around for 3-4 years…so the execution was pretty high. Todays elite players are gone 1 maybe 2 years at most and we see a lot of younger players…that plus a plethora of talent today is why mid majors have come so far. 

• Thanks 1

God, Scott. Give it up. 

Your constant complaining, the game, the players, the coaches, the announcers, the fans.Always complaining that they aren’t what they used to be, or what they should be.

Really a drag.

Wow they just showed a game from from 30 years ago and the score was 104-103 in OT