NCAA Tournament

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Interesting that as much as this has been a wild tournament, we are probably looking at a Final Four made up of about the most "usual suspects" group I can think of. 

Two double digit seeds have a chance to advance. Hopefully, one of them do.

Even if the Peacocks dream run comes to an end, Carolina is a 9 seed. Not like they were expected to get this far 

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Two double digit seeds have a chance to advance. Hopefully, one of them do.

Even if the Peacocks dream run comes to an end, Carolina is a 9 seed. Not like they were expected to get this far 

I understand about Carolina, but they're still Carolina. Not exactly my idea of a Cinderella. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Of all the things my brain can process, Jay Wright living in West Lafayette is not one of them.  

1 hour ago, SawatchHoosier said:

He dresses too well to live in West Lafayette.

True. He probably wears a shirt under his overalls 

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They make some good points. Purdue has to get better playmaking guards IMO. The Isaiah Thompsons of the world aren’t going to cut it. I even think a Braden Smith would’ve helped last night. Need guys who can create their own shots. 

Said this all year.  Our PG are decent 3pt shooters and on ball defenders 

IU Rutgers Sparty manhandled our guards with pressure D!  
even peacocks 🦚 had quicker/stronger guards 

12 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I didn't get to watch the game all that closely, was in the bar having a pint while it was on.  Looked like your bigs were neutralized and you didn't get the same number of call as you did the previous game.  They over compensated from the previous game and didn't call much.  Again, based on what i saw.

Secondly, its tough playing a team that the whole area, news outlets, announcers, and probably the refs are hoping live the Cinderella dream.  

Thirdly, that team wasn't scared of you and had/made some tough plays down the stretch.  They were quick, shot the ball well, and got away with some banging around with your bigs.

Just my thoughts.  I was cheering for Purdue to lose, but hey, IU fan here.  The only thing that was missing were the fans chanting IU sucks when you guys lost.  Sorry, had to rub a little salt in the wound.

Keep your chin up, we haven't been to an S16 for a while so i have no room to talk

Agree everything you said 

fouling on a 3…on a dive for loose ball with 2 seconds on clock and under basket with the lightest contact from our stick of a PG.

which refs were wrong?  Surprisingly Texas had less inside to defend our bigs but both teams played physical on the perimeter 

purdue needs to get back to Kramer defense if they allow it 

5 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He saw that they weren’t shooting well and did nothing to change the game plan. Sorry, he was out coached, his team was out toughed, and as I said to begin with, would not want his style of play at IU. 

Sorta like Crean. Had one way to beat you, and if that didn’t work, he had no plan B.

What other game plan?  Get Hakeem on the block?

made 6 less FT & 4 less 3’s and almost won