NCAA Tournament

Just now, IU Scott said:
  • So the reason scoring is down now is because defense is better today LOL!
  • Elite Eight
    • East Regional
    • West Regional
      • No. 2 Indiana 106, No. 1 UCLA 79
    • Southeast Regional
      • No. 6 Michigan 75, No. 1 Ohio State 71 (OT)
    • Midwest Regional
      • No. 4 Cincinnati 88, No. 6 Memphis State 57

Really doesn’t matter Scott. The past is the past. I’d rather live in the here and now.

Players today deserve their day in the sun instead of being criticized by people who want to live in the past.

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Really doesn’t matter Scott. The past is the past. I’d rather live in the here and now.

Players today deserve their day in the sun instead of being criticized by people who want to live in the past.

I don't criticize the players at all but the coaches who runs this terrible style of offense.  There is no creativity and everyone runs the same stuff so it is easy to defend.  I blame the system where all the good players leave after a year and now all the transfers.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:
  • So the reason scoring is down now is because defense is better today LOL!
  • Elite Eight
    • East Regional
    • West Regional
      • No. 2 Indiana 106, No. 1 UCLA 79
    • Southeast Regional
      • No. 6 Michigan 75, No. 1 Ohio State 71 (OT)
    • Midwest Regional
      • No. 4 Cincinnati 88, No. 6 Memphis State 57

Memphis must have really sucked.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I complain for the same reason that we see complaints about coaching after every loss.  That is,  when you have seen better you want to keep seeing the best.  When you don't get it then people complain

It isn’t going back…so if you know what you are going to see and yet still complain then why do you continue to watch. Your like a dog chasing a car…you just can’t help yourself. Well there is only two outcomes for those types of dogs…they get too old to run or they catch the car….god forbid you ever catch that car Scott lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It isn’t going back…so if you know what you are going to see and yet still complain then why do you continue to watch. Your like a dog chasing a car…you just can’t help yourself. Well there is only two outcomes for those types of dogs…they get too old to run or they catch the car….god forbid you ever catch that car Scott lol.

Couldn't you say that about IU basketball that it might not ever go back.  Yet people still have the same expectations because of how good we were 30-40 years ago

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Wow they just showed a game from from 30 years ago and the score was 104-103 in OT

You don't even have to go back that far. In 2012 when Indiana and Kentucky played in the sweet 16 that game was 90 to 102 in 40 minutes. I believed with every bone in my body that P5 NCAA basketball was gonna be a bunch of games in the 90s. How horribly wrong was I...😞

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Couldn't you say that about IU basketball that it might not ever go back.  Yet people still have the same expectations because of how good we were 30-40 years ago

I think people expecting us to run off another 3 national championships in 30 years are yes expecting too much. I just want us to be competitive. That said you are talking about how the game is played. The game has passed you by. For better or worse those days aren’t coming back. You can move on and enjoy what is good about the game now or be miserable and complain it doesn’t live up to what you believe was a better version. IU could get back to winning games….but college basketball as a whole will never play the way it used to. The game has evolved. You can say for the worse if you want….your perogative if you want. AAU, NIL, NBA feeding down….etc but the difference is sports rarely looks back…it’s like the NFL….you can scream for them to allow secondary to hold and impede and offenses to run the ball 40-50 times a game but those days aren’t coming back. You can pray for the NBA to go back to clash of the titans and become center/post oriented basketball etc…it just won’t matter. Not here to say you can’t be right about some things…just that you are howling at the moon my friend. Might give it a rest…the neighbors are getting tired of your barking keeping them up when they are trying to enjoy a quiet evening.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think people expecting us to run off another 3 national championships in 30 years are yes expecting too much. I just want us to be competitive. That said you are talking about how the game is played. The game has passed you by. For better or worse those days aren’t coming back. You can move on and enjoy what is good about the game now or be miserable and complain it doesn’t live up to what you believe was a better version. IU could get back to winning games….but college basketball as a whole will never play the way it used to. The game has evolved. You can say for the worse if you want….your perogative if you want. AAU, NIL, NBA feeding down….etc but the difference is sports rarely looks back…it’s like the NFL….you can scream for them to allow secondary to hold and impede and offenses to run the ball 40-50 times a game but those days aren’t coming back. You can pray for the NBA to go back to clash of the titans and become center/post oriented basketball etc…it just won’t matter. Not here to say you can’t be right about some things…just that you are howling at the moon my friend. Might give it a rest…the neighbors are getting tired of your barking keeping them up when they are trying to enjoy a quiet evening.

3 Championships in 30 years?  Ain't happening.  13 or 14 of them at the minimum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We actually won 3 in 11 years

Just now, IU Scott said:

We actually won 3 in 11 years

Just saying another run like Knights. We all yearn for that 20 year run…even if the last 6-8 weren’t great….I’m aware of our dominance. Just saying I don’t expect that…heck no one in the B1G has won it in almost 25 years. Just making regular deep runs would be enough to keep me happy. A championship would be icing on the cake.

Just now, dgambill said:

Just saying another run like Knights. We all yearn for that 20 year run…even if the last 6-8 weren’t great….I’m aware of our dominance. Just saying I don’t expect that…heck no one in the B1G has won it in almost 25 years. Just making regular deep runs would be enough to keep me happy. A championship would be icing on the cake.

I know just messing with you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

See Jay Wright. 

Being a sports fan is hard.  If your pro team is 'average' they win a championship every 30 years.  That's an average of 2 per a normal lifetime.  For college sports, the math is a little fuzzier since the # of teams fluctuates per sport, and some teams really have no shot.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Being a sports fan is hard.  If your pro team is 'average' they win a championship every 30 years.  That's an average of 2 per a normal lifetime.  For college sports, the math is a little fuzzier since the # of teams fluctuates per sport, and some teams really have no shot.  

So far in my lifetime these are the championships my team has won. I am 51 years old.

IU basketball 3

IU football 0

Colts 1

Pacers 0 in the NBA.

Reds 3

• Like 4