2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

On 10/2/2023 at 9:19 PM, Purdue7 said:

Watched newest Purdue commit against Queen in AAU 

🤩 you don’t have to wonder who the best player on the is 

Queen doesn’t flash crazy athleticism but the skill & length is phenomenal 

he makes it look so easy 

Well we saw Logan Duncomb dominate Caleb Furst in AAU too. What matters is how they fit into the program and play at the next level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

N604GW blocks Flightaware from tracking them...

Screenshot_20231004-2008582.thumb.png.4f71ead71a008d0b501750e75201ba1d.png

So when he was going from HPN-MCO I had to get some "fresher" data... 😉 

Don't have access to that at the moment 

Exhibit A for anyone who doesn't think members of the IU men's basketball program keep track of what fans say on forums and social media.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Exhibit A for anyone who doesn't think members of the IU men's basketball program keep track of what fans say on forums and social media.

Oh they definitely pay attention. They have staff members that monitor about message every board. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Absolutely they do. Rabid fan bases have to have someone keeping an eye on message boards. And yes I’m being DEAD serious 

I’m not sure how much they frequent sites like  this one and brown banners but I know they are watching peegs constantly. They probably check out the others sites with some regularity. 

37 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I’m not sure how much they frequent sites like  this one and brown banners but I know they are watching peegs constantly. They probably check out the others sites with some regularity. 

I know as a UT fan in coaching searches the school would literally fly to city X, then fly to city Y, fly in a prospective coach from Z so they weren’t even near where the candidate was from, then go to city A that had a candidate that we THOUGHT was a potential and stay there for hours and never even interview the person and never had interest.

It was ALL because of message boards and Twitter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I know as a UT fan in coaching searches the school would literally fly to city X, then fly to city Y, fly in a prospective coach from Z so they weren’t even near where the candidate was from, then go to city A that had a candidate that we THOUGHT was a potential and stay there for hours and never even interview the person and never had interest.

It was ALL because of message boards and Twitter.

Oh yeah that stuff definitely happens 

• Like 1

And my wife just asked “what good does doing all that accomplish?”

1.) it allows any coaches who interview to decline, their AD knows so they might get a raise, but when they decline it they can say they never even considered it.

2.) the university can back that up and declare they got their first choice making them look good.

3.) It keeps the fan base in such circles they are shocked when the coach is announced which prevents the base from forming opinions before the announcement and sometimes creates excitement thru the surprise.

”Why would you do it for recruits?

I. Have. No. Idea. 😂