5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

I'm a little surprised by Rabby's comment that even the coaches don't know. 

That seems odd to me. Boogie comes off as being a very respectable person, and it doesn't add up that he would hold off telling the soon to be coach he's on the way before he makes it public.

Supposedly, Langford did the same thing (not telling) but from what I've seen and heard of Boogie, I'd be surprised if he did that

Edited by DWB

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

That seems odd to me. Boogie comes off as being a very respectable person, and it doesn't add up that he would hold off telling the soon to be coach he's on the way before he makes it public.

Again, this would be such a gut punch to Woody to pick Kentucky on IU’s biggest recruiting day. Woody is very well respected on the east coast and I just can’t see an east coast kid do that unless he really wants to stoke the rivalry!

Edited by Bville_Hoosier
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DWB said:

I'm a little skeptical of that...I think the winning coach knows, but one of the first tests of trust would be to see if he can keep a secret. We were led to believe the same with MM, but I believe Woody knew where Mgbako  was going to go for a while before he committed just looking at the visit pics...

Woody sure passed that one with Mac and his family...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm a little skeptical of that...I think the winning coach knows, but one of the first tests of trust would be to see if he can keep a secret. We were led to believe the same with MM, but I believe Woody knew where Mgbako  was going to go for a while before he committed just looking at the visit pics...

Woody sure passed that one with Mac and his family...

Trust of knowledge reminds me of when we were tooling up for a new nameplate on a Chevy. The day before we were to start cutting steel we received all new designs for a new car name!!

58 minutes ago, KDB said:

I am cautiously optimistic but I think it's truly 50/50.

I would not be surprised if it's IU and I wouldn't be surprised if it's UK tomorrow. Hope it's the former!

Totally disagree. It is, 100% totally 100% ! He will only choose one.

I still go back to;

"Come play for me and we will put some good people around you"

vrs

"I'll coach you to be the best you and teach you how to sustain in the NBA because I've not only done it, I've coached it" . 

One is the perception of a 2nd grade finger painter. The other is a real world program that has ME not them as the focal point.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

spent my first ~20ish years as a tool maker before moving on to the other "Y's" in the road of life. Being a tool maker gave me totally undeserved confidence, and well, It's been a pretty damn cool ride. 

I always thought of tool makers as being kind of prima donna’s but they always got the job done.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I might flicker the light switch to the servers just so see everyone's blood pressure rise a bit

Funny you say this... I tried to connect earlier and the page wouldn't load and I had a moment of "oh boy, something big must of just happened" before realizing that my internet decided to just take a break.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

True, but yes you are correct and we won't ever let you know that, so delete this response. Other than we make it happen, even with inadequate designs.. lol  .

Sorry 1 more derailment, remember the owner of a tool shop I delt with had a picture of an old school engineer with pocket protector. He had an aghast look with hands on the side of his head! The caption was ‘You mean you made it the way I told you to!’

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Sorry 1 more derailment, remember the owner of a tool shop I delt with had a picture of an old school engineer with pocket protector. He had an aghast look with hands on the side of his head! The caption was ‘You mean you made it the way I told you to!’

Our fab guys are so good the engineers do the drawings after they build it. They keep hiring engineers. 😑

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1