5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

I tell myself this about once a week. I won't get ticked off we had this guy in the holster for 20 years.....I won't get ticked off we had this guy in the holster for 20 years.....but thank you Scott Dolson. Coach Woodson is just a perfect guy at the right time for this program. Perfect blend of past to present and I couldn't be happier about him leading the charge. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I tell myself this about once a week. I won't get ticked off we had this guy in the holster for 20 years.....I won't get ticked off we had this guy in the holster for 20 years.....but thank you Scott Dolson. Coach Woodson is just a perfect guy at the right time for this program. Perfect blend of past to present and I couldn't be happier about him leading the charge. 

I just tell myself he hasn’t always had this much experience. 20 years ago He wouldn’t have been this coach. 

That said, 6 years ago…

I’ll admit I wasn’t the biggest fan of the hire initially, but I came around about 8 hours later after hearing some reactions.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I found this photo taken by Boogie on theHoosier.com message board. Pretty cool!

IMG_5488.thumb.png.ccbf60d4fad75cfbbb9a91445f5d7eff.png

Pretzel goldfish for the win!!! My favorite snack is my daughter xtreme chedder&pretzel goldfish. I am devastated they stop selling it in the big cardboard carton.

11 minutes ago, ephul said:

Whales are better.

Original yes. Do they have the xtreme cheddar version I’ve never checked? The cheddar/pretzel combo is the bomb….sometimes my daughters snacks magically end up in the wrong lunch box….don’t know how that happens.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Original yes. Do they have the xtreme cheddar version I’ve never checked? The cheddar/pretzel combo is the bomb….sometimes my daughters snacks magically end up in the wrong lunch box….don’t know how that happens.

They don't need to have a Cheddar version. The original is the 💣 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I found this photo taken by Boogie on theHoosier.com message board. Pretty cool!

IMG_5488.thumb.png.ccbf60d4fad75cfbbb9a91445f5d7eff.png

Geez, looks more like they were expecting me rather than a 17 year old basketball player...

I'd have signed on the spot! 🙂

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Thanks for posting. If he chooses elsewhere so be it but man this sounds very promising. Given our targets in 24....we won't be short on talent at PG/Combo Guard,etc...

And that's with TG, Gunn(who is impressing already), Gabe, Newton,etc...1 more year wise. 

• Like 1

https://hoosierillustrated.com/2024-top-10-point-guard-boogie-fland-discusses-indiana-basketball-visit/

Another good article.

Not to derail the thread but I just think it’s funny that people claimed our fans were always the problem. It seems pretty undeniable that kids walk away from our visits feeling appreciated and special, and make sure to mention that impact to reporters.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

https://hoosierillustrated.com/2024-top-10-point-guard-boogie-fland-discusses-indiana-basketball-visit/

Another good article.

Not to derail the thread but I just think it’s funny that people claimed our fans were always the problem. It seems pretty undeniable that kids walk away from our visits feeling appreciated and special, and make sure to mention that impact to reporters.

Thanks for the article.  The fan thing is a love/hate relationship.  For certain, it's a positive when things are going well and in the courtship phase.  Where it's a problem is when "fans" say hateful things on social media and send ugly private messages to players.  Too bad IU can't have one without the other...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Thanks for the article.  The fan thing is a love/hate relationship.  For certain, it's a positive when things are going well and in the courtship phase.  Where it's a problem is when "fans" say hateful things on social media and send ugly private messages to players.  Too bad IU can't have one without the other...

Or scrawl a handwritten message like that tool Tim.Weaver did...

If you guys knew what a friggin loser that guy really was, you'd agree that being a pariah to The Hoosier Nation is a fitting end to his idiocy...

Edited by IUFLA

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Exactly 

The IU media school influence is killer. They do great work on these media releases. This is a big plus in our favor. IU has fully embraced(so far) the modern look. Not to over the top to be campy but fun style. Spend a little and combine forces. (As an example) While I was working at IU I was involved in a crash study. It was cutting edge in that it used the service side to install the equipment. We were the #1 site. The reason was we used the right people for the job. It worked seamlessly. Fun, interesting project. It was the largest study of its kind. 

• Like 1