5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

48 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's not an opinion that Calipari is a cheat... It's fact... He's had 2 final 4s vacated over it... He finally lit in a spot (Kentucky) where they cover it up better than UMass or Memphis...

You mentioned Derrick Rose... He of the phony SAT scores that was the impetus for the Tigers losing their Final 4...

And I don't know if you meant "Woodson" or "Wooden" but if it's the former, he's done well getting kids to the NBA so far, and if it's the latter, he overlooked Sam Gilbert and probably could be deemed a cheat as well (and I'm from Martinsville) but at least he could win with the talent he poached... 

We are talking about getting kids to the nba…what does cheating have to do with that…especially now when there is no such thing as cheating. The kids don’t care so why should that matter in this discussion?

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

🤣...He doesn't need Cal's seal of approval.  The vast majority of first rounders don't play ball for UK.  Boogie won't gain any draft status playing for Cal, especially now that a lot of good players are realizing that there's no special development advantage at UK and are committing to other schools.

Of course…there are 30 picks so of course most won’t be UK players. I’m not here to argue he would be better off there…just there is a long track record for Cal and UK and it won’t be easy to overcome. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/college/kentucky/

That speaks to kids.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We are talking about getting kids to the nba…what does cheating have to do with that…especially now when there is no such thing as cheating. The kids don’t care so why should that matter in this discussion?

You know the only reason I see your posts is because posters I respect keep quoting you in your arguments with them!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And, as @FKIM01 said, it's easy to get a kid who's pretty much already developed coming out of high school into the NBA... It wasn't Cal's developmental skills that attracted kids to Kentucky... It was the pre-NIL under the table stuff...

Calipari is a failed NBA coach who can win at the college level because they're all free agents coming out of high school... His problem now is everybody can do it legally...So there's a lot more competition than just other rule breakers like Duke and Kansas... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Of course…there are 30 picks so of course most won’t be UK players. I’m not here to argue he would be better off there…just there is a long track record for Cal and UK and it won’t be easy to overcome. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/college/kentucky/

That speaks to kids.

Again, the counter to that is they went to UK in the past to get paid.  Now they can get paid anywhere.  UK's developmental track record is average at best and opposing coaches are going to point that out.

Given the talent Cal acquired through questionable means in the past, what his recruits accomplished could have done at most P5 or even mid-major programs.  By now, most recruits have figured that out, which is why the talent is much more evenly distributed today.

I mean, why didn't UK get Mgbako if they are so hard to beat? They clearly needed talent when he became available. UK was so desperate at the time, they took a 3 star guard that IU didn't even offer after taking a close look.  I don't get why you think they are so clearly invincible when it's just as clear to a lot of members here that they are not.

Edited by FKIM01

4 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Y'all know that Kentucky has the top recruiting class in the country for 2023, right? With three top ten kids and another ranked top 20? Because you're talking like Cal can't get talent anymore.

Oh he can get talent, he just doesnt make them any better.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Unbiased scouting report on Boogie.  This one person says he's a very good player, but has a long way to go. 

My 2 cents:  maybe he's not a one-and-done.

I like reports like this that don't hype.    

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/longformarticle/summer-scouting-series-dylan-harper-ahmad-nowell-jace-richardson-boogie-fland-tahaad-pettiford-213972346/#2211264

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Have no idea how credible this person is but nice to hear. 

7CF0107A-9CFF-4146-AE83-F5A7E918E6FE.png

dont know where they get/ got their information from but my summation is that albeit, not a hugely popular account, BIG Banter seems like they are a serious account and not some sort of spoof. cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

dont know where they get/ got their information from but my summation is that albeit, not a hugely popular account, BIG Banter seems like they are a serious account and not some sort of spoof. cautiously optimistic.

I’d say guys are talking. Especially if involves multiple guys thinking of playing together. Interesting next few weeks coming. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

Not an IU fan account though...lol...#OftenDaunted