5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Hard to beat UK when it comes to point guards. That’s like pg U over there with the nba. You run the point at UK you are just about assured a first rd pick.

Well, yeah, if you start out as a McDonald's All American.  Show me one UK PG that really shot up the board from where he started.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

A national recruiting writer with 247 thinks we'll get Fland and end up with a top 5 class but it starts with getting Liam to get to the top 5. He thinks we are out of it for Newell, Betsey and Harper.

Hate to hear that about Newell the most. I could see Rutgers ending up with Bailey, Harper, and Newell. 

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm with a lot of members here...really like Newell a lot. Sounds like a true student athlete.  I hope IU stays after him hard.

He is from Athens, his brother plays for GA. and his parents live there. Has always been an uphill battle. Newell is the player I want the most but there just might be to much in the way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, yeah, if you start out as a McDonald's All American.  Show me one UK PG that really shot up the board from where he started.

He is already at the top of the board. Only place to go is down. Cals seal of approval is probably enough for most nba scouts.

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is already at the top of the board. Only place to go is down. Cals seal of approval is probably enough for most nba scouts.

I'm not sure I'm ready to put a "Good Housekeeping" seal of approval on any coach that has had an immense amount of talent that he's been cheating to get since he was at UMass, and has 1 NC and 2 vacated Final 4s to show for it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure I'm ready to put a "Good Housekeeping" seal of approval on any coach that has had an immense amount of talent that he's been cheating to get since he was at UMass, and has 1 NC and 2 vacated Final 4s to show for it...

Cal has done oh so little with oh so much.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Just seems that UK is slowly losing it’s appeal.

That and all of those Runners that the SEC is famous for are now having to compete with legitimate NIL.

Can tell you of conversations with friends down south where they were complaining that their schools Runners weren’t doing their job!!!

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Well I’m not sure our opinions matter…he is a HOF coach with over 30 years experience…coaching the likes of Derrick Rose, John Wall, Brandon Knight, D Booker, Jamal Murray, S Alexander, D Fox, T Maxey, C Wallace to name a few. All that matters to the kids is following in those kids footsteps into the nba. He has the track record. If we want to brag about Coach Wooden getting guys into the nba well no one has put more guys there than Cal….whether he had a big part of it or not….he will play freshman and ensure their draft stock stays high.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

🤣...He doesn't need Cal's seal of approval.  The vast majority of first rounders don't play ball for UK.  Boogie won't gain any draft status playing for Cal, especially now that a lot of good players are realizing that there's no special development advantage at UK and are committing to other schools.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well I’m not sure our opinions matter…he is a HOF coach with over 30 years experience…coaching the likes of Derrick Rose, John Wall, Brandon Knight, D Booker, Jamal Murray, S Alexander, D Fox, T Maxey, C Wallace to name a few. All that matters to the kids is following in those kids footsteps into the nba. He has the track record. If we want to brag about Coach Wooden getting guys into the nba well no one has put more guys there than Cal….whether he had a big part of it or not….he will play freshman and ensure their draft stock stays high.

It's not an opinion that Calipari is a cheat... It's fact... He's had 2 final 4s vacated over it... He finally lit in a spot (Kentucky) where they cover it up better than UMass or Memphis...

You mentioned Derrick Rose... He of the phony SAT scores that was the impetus for the Tigers losing their Final 4...

And I don't know if you meant "Woodson" or "Wooden" but if it's the former, he's done well getting kids to the NBA so far, and if it's the latter, he overlooked Sam Gilbert and probably could be deemed a cheat as well (and I'm from Martinsville) but at least he could win with the talent he poached... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1