5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

20 minutes ago, PNWHoosier said:

My point is "the movement" did not do all of that. One player from that group it. It was not the movement, it was Yogi. Big difference, technically. 😉

You can't credit Hanner, Jeremy, Ron, and Peter because they weren't on the team, and it was that whole recruiting class that was the movement. So, just Yogi accomplishing those things doesn't mean the movement (the whole class) accomplished those things. 

If that's how you choose to dissect it, sure. I didn't credit any of them, other than Yogi. 

I just said... the movement went to two Sweet 16s and won BTT titles. Which is all fact. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If that's how you choose to dissect it, sure. I didn't credit any of them, other than Yogi. 

I just said... the movement went to two Sweet 16s and won BTT titles. Which is all fact. 

Well, then we can also say the movement transferred to ETSU.

It's kind of being pedantic.

13 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Well, then we can also say the movement transferred to ETSU.

It's kind of being pedantic.

So every recruiting class has to stick together the entire time for them all to get credit? 

I said... "they weren't what we expected"... which they weren't. It was a flop, all I said was .... they won 2 titles, and went to 2 sweet 16s. Literally... both of those happened during their first year on campus.  

Edited by btownqb

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So every recruiting class has to stick together the entire time for them all to get credit? 

I said... "they weren't what we expected"... which they weren't. It was a flop... 

Allllll I said was .... they won 2 titles, and went to 2 sweet 16s. Literally... both of those happened during their first year on campus.  

Nah. Not picking an argument here. But the movement, sans Yogi, played such a minimal role that to say "went to the sweet 16" is a bit misleading. The majority went to the sweet 16, yes. Because they rode on the bus with the other players that actually played a role. 😛

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Nah. Not picking an argument here. But the movement, sans Yogi, played such a minimal role that to say "went to the sweet 16" is a bit misleading. The majority went to the sweet 16, yes. Because they rode on the bus with the other players that actually played a role. 😛

THAT'S WHY I SAID TECHNICALLY!!! 

Like... that class was a COMPLETE flop, but DURING that time we still went to sweet 16s and won two titles. 

• Like 1

You don't hit on every recruit, and The Movement class missed on more than most. But landing an All Big Ten point guard who became the program's all time assist leader is a big deal, a bigger hit than most classes have. Both things can be true. 

Would I throw out The Movement class if it meant getting rid of Yogi? I'm not sure I would.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Ha ha. It's not fact because the movement was a group of people. The group didn't achieve what you are talking about. Yogi from that group did. 

It's all good though. Hope you're enjoying the summer and we can all look forward to a great 23-24 season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I just hope we see a movement towards some of these kids committing.

I think that comes when you are swimming in the deep waters. A lot of these kids take a long time to commit…especially with NIL now involved. You just hope you don’t strike out on all of them and get left without a floatation device. If we were recruiting 3 star and low 4 kids we would probably be all wrapped up by now.

• 2 weeks later...