5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

4 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Also saw this on the BTB board:

“FWIW, UK 247 beat reporter Travis Branham re Boogie Fland:

Boogie Fland visit went really well. UK leads, but going head to head with Indiana. IU's whole staff is flying in to visit him tonight, to try and turn things around from the UK visit.”

9BE90FD6-6771-49B6-8013-3433C7C1BE5A.png

Of course UK's beat writer automatically thinks UK leads...

image.jpeg.aed0d5ef28ad4c50b7fc1e69d992491c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Of course UK's beat writer automatically thinks UK leads...

image.jpeg.aed0d5ef28ad4c50b7fc1e69d992491c.jpeg

I think Travis is technically a national recruiting guy but based in Kentucky so he gets good intel from the BBN folks. 

If it’s in fact an IU/UK battle then I hope our staff is reminding him that we lose our starting PG after this year and will need someone to fill the void. Idk who the starting PG for Kentucky will be this year (probably Wagner) but I’ve yet to see a single mock draft that has Dillingham being a lotto/1st rounder, so I would assume he would be the starting PG his sophomore season.

With all the underclassman/ guards they have, I really wonder if Boogie would be willing to wait it out until he has a better idea of their roster construction…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

I think Travis is technically a national recruiting guy but based in Kentucky so he gets good intel from the BBN folks. 

If it’s in fact an IU/UK battle then I hope our staff is reminding him that we lose our starting PG after this year and will need someone to fill the void. Idk who the starting PG for Kentucky will be this year (probably Wagner) but I’ve yet to see a single mock draft that has Dillingham being a lotto/1st rounder, so I would assume he would be the starting PG his sophomore season.

With all the underclassman/ guards they have, I really wonder if Boogie would be willing to wait it out until he has a better idea of their roster construction…

They’ll lose their PG too! Trust me! It changes every year. 

On 9/13/2023 at 12:47 PM, Hoosierdave said:

Maybe Cal will back off now lol. 

I was partially joking but this is an actual quote from the article:

“On Tuesday night, 247Sports National Analyst Travis Branham joined the ‘Sources Say Podcast’ — part of the Kentucky Sports Radio On3.com site. Among other topics, Branham mentioned that Fland could fall in the category of ‘like not love’ prospects for the Wildcats.

“If they want them, you can get him,” Branham said. ” … I do believe Kentucky is the leader for that recruitment, going head-to-head with Indiana.

“Gauging the 2025 recruits will be very valuable … do we have a legitimate shot at them, can we actually get them? Is that worth passing on some of these other guys?”

https://hoosierillustrated.com/indiana-basketball-going-head-to-head-with-kentucky-for-five-star-guard/

45 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I was partially joking but this is an actual quote from the article:

“On Tuesday night, 247Sports National Analyst Travis Branham joined the ‘Sources Say Podcast’ — part of the Kentucky Sports Radio On3.com site. Among other topics, Branham mentioned that Fland could fall in the category of ‘like not love’ prospects for the Wildcats.

“If they want them, you can get him,” Branham said. ” … I do believe Kentucky is the leader for that recruitment, going head-to-head with Indiana.

“Gauging the 2025 recruits will be very valuable … do we have a legitimate shot at them, can we actually get them? Is that worth passing on some of these other guys?”

https://hoosierillustrated.com/indiana-basketball-going-head-to-head-with-kentucky-for-five-star-guard/

I don't think the UK brand is near as strong as it used to be and I see IU's brand as definitely on the rise so I guess I don't get the overconfidence.  UK struck out on a lot of prospects especially this last year so to act like a kid is practically a lock if they want him is just arrogant and likely not accurate at all.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't think the UK brand is near as strong as it used to be and I see IU's brand as definitely on the rise so I guess I don't get the overconfidence.  UK struck out on a lot of prospects especially this last year so to act like a kid is practically a lock if they want him is just arrogant and likely not accurate at all.

image.png.5d489255b284b97f1014be491161a6af.png

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

"If they want them, you can get him,” Branham said. ” … I do believe Kentucky is the leader for that recruitment, going head-to-head with Indiana.

“Gauging the 2025 recruits will be very valuable … do we have a legitimate shot at them, can we actually get them? Is that worth passing on some of these other guys?

And that'll be the excuse if he chooses IU..." We had better options in 25”

39 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Dead on...Remember the panic around Antonio Reeves? The "excitement" around getting Joey Hart?

They can't give the old wink and an envelope stuffed with cash any more...the field is even, and they don't like it...

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And that'll be the excuse if he chooses IU..." We had better options in 25”

Dead on...Remember the panic around Antonio Reeves? The "excitement" around getting Joey Hart?

They can't give the old wink and an envelope stuffed with cash any more...the field is even, and they don't like it...

Joey WHo? not that Linton was high on my must see places but is still higher than lexington, but he's dead to me.