5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

3 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

..."John Calipari’s reputation for developing one-and-done players have made UK the presumed slight favorite..."

What a load of 💩.  I suppose if you define development as bringing in lottery picks and making them...lottery picks. 🙄

I'll put Woodson's NBA/college development record up against this poser any day.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f6b111ae1645eb0c0f64cfb1b9bb633.jpeg

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Of his comments on the 3 programs, I'd say Kentucky is the most tepid... Alabama's the most encouraging... 

IU the only that he mentioned the Head Coach by name.. After mentioning how HC involvement was important in his recruitment. If he visits again I will like our chances.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Of his comments on the 3 programs, I'd say Kentucky is the most tepid... Alabama's the most encouraging... 

I agree about Kentucky but between IU and Alabama it seems like a toss-us without knowing his priorities. 

In regards to IU, he spoke about the NBA. He mentioned they want to win. He did mention how big basketball is.

For Alabama, he talked about their style of play and the talent. He recognized that basketball is second to football.

When IU lands McNeeley, that could help IU in regards to the talent he'd be playing with. But I'm sure the NBA is his goal so talking about that only when talking about IU definitely doesn't hurt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDB said:

IU the only that he mentioned the Head Coach by name.. After mentioning how HC involvement was important in his recruitment. If he visits again I will like our chances.

That's very true...

I guess I was too caught up in how seemingly dismissive he was of Cal and the Cats

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KDB said:

IU got a Rivals crystal ball for Boogie this morning, from a New York guy:

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/johnuel-boogie-fland-273972?view=pv

Who is 20/22 on his picks...

the only two he missed were decisions that were made 2+months after he made his original pick. just info... and one was a football recruit. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2