Collectibles

Indykev

38 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Anyone into pocket knives or knives in general?  

My Dad gave me his old Case pocketknife and I also bought an Opinel No. 8 for around the house use. 

Wouldn’t mind splurging on a nice smaller knife to treat myself. 

Yes. And swords.  I've always had knives for different purposes but looking to add some unique items.  Have this in my shopping cart right now but haven't decided yet. 

Screenshot_20221104-165402_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a0e8db0c18ebe5e4d1a98aae16cf88d9.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yes. And swords.  I've always had knives for different purposes but looking to add some unique items.  Have this in my shopping cart right now but haven't decided yet. 

Screenshot_20221104-165402_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a0e8db0c18ebe5e4d1a98aae16cf88d9.jpg

Ha, I knew you would have some input. That’s a beautiful knife. And small enough to carry anywhere. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Ha, I knew you would have some input. That’s a beautiful knife. And small enough to carry anywhere. 

If you want a good small functional pocket knive Kershaw Ken Onion knives are nice.  I have the chive. Lightweight and durable. Kershaw has lifetime blade sharpening and repair. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If you want a good small functional pocket knive Kershaw Ken Onion knives are nice.  I have the chive. Lightweight and durable. Kershaw has lifetime blade sharpening and repair. 

That is EXACTLY the kind of knife I was thinking of - decent price and made in the US. 

https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/scallion-olive.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Found this website that has a list of US knife manufacturers and links to their websites.

https://www.nothingbutknives.com/american-made-knives/#benchmade

Thank you, this is probably the most important thing to me when I’m researching things. If an option is high quality and made in the US, I’m buying that over something cheaper made somewhere else. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, Lostin76 said:

the one on the right looks similar to the one that my Dad gave me. Kind of a classic design. The blade has a lot of patina on it - more black than silver. Love the Sears one with the Chicago logo. 

I wish I knew more about that Sears one. I got it at an estate sale and haven’t found any info about it. 

F921DBA0-D7A8-4D5F-B9F3-D68B5610EB54.jpeg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

This one is pretty neat. Any engraving on the other side of the blades?

No, the only words are on that scale. I’ve seen a Sta-Sharp brand that sears sold but they all had some labeling. I believer they were made by Camillus.
I have to assume this is some cheaper version they sold without any more branding. 

4 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

No, the only words are on that scale. I’ve seen a Sta-Sharp brand that sears sold but they all had some labeling. I believer they were made by Camillus.
I have to assume this is some cheaper version they sold without any more branding. 

I wonder if that wasn't some type of company award (15 yrs of service type crap) or holiday give away?

• Like 2