Collectibles

Indykev

35 minutes ago, Indykev said:

OMG!! BOBA FETT WITH ROCKET IN PACKAGE $45,000, LOOSE $10,000. JAWA WITH VINYL CAPE IN PACKAGE $6,000, LOOSE $2,000. DOUBLE TELESCOPING LUKE SKYWALKER $1000, AND $800. dOUBLE TELESCOPING DARTH VADER IN PACKAGE $30,000, LOOSE $10,000. Crazy numbers. That was some rabbit hole there.

Truth be told. When I first graduated from IU I was low on $. Sold one piece (won't say which one) to a collector in Bloomington for $750 to make rent in Indy. Never felt so bad. I cringe inside knowing what the potential value is today. Oh well. You live and learn.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's always been one of those fake money deals for us. Our Mom had the foresight to buy and we just aren't sure if we could ever sell. We have Wheaties boxes, Gone With The Wind Plates, Happy Days lunch pales....if it existed in the late 70's to mid 80's and had some form of value we probably have it. 

I am going to figure out these baseball, football, and hockey cards though. I've got boxes of unopened packs. In a weird way when we see them it kind of reminds us of her so it's nice to look at and pack away.

No I totally get. I lost both parent 3 years ago. I have things of theirs i'll never get rid of......Can I get in the will dad? lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Truth be told. When I first graduated from IU I was low on $. Sold one piece (won't say which one) to a collector in Bloomington for $750 to make rent in Indy. Never felt so bad. I cringe inside knowing what the potential value is today. Oh well. You live and learn.

Not even going to talk about the cards I sold as a kid because I needed a new suit. Mantels were in that box. Every rookie card from the Big Red machine x 10 each. Hurts talking about it...lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not even going to talk about the cards I sold as a kid because I needed a new suit. Mantels were in that box. Every rookie card from the Big Red machine x 10 each. Hurts talking about it...lol

Sold a 67 Mantle card to pay for utilities. I've still got a war chest of stuff but man those decisions at age 22 when I was in the fake it until you make it mode was so bad....

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 5:22 PM, Seeking6 said:

Another site listed Luke Skywalker at $$$$25,000 in the package. One of the ten 10 most valuable toys of all-time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Decided to open up some unopened packs last night of cards from 1981 just for fun and see what's in there. Found this beauty. Wayne Gretzky 1981 #16. 2nd year card.

IMG_6539.jpg

I'd have thought this one would have some value...

Screenshot_20230916-105247.thumb.png.5ee12c57657163d20e30a96e4df7dfb7.png

But I guess not...

The Racers 2 claims to fame... Gretzky and the last maskless goalie, Andy "Fearless" Brown... 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is somewhat collectible oriented so I'll throw it in here. For those that don't Le Creuset is a high end brand of kitchen stuff.

Anyway I every once in a while I go to Goodwill or Thrift stores to see if there's any steals to flip. I once found a Scotty Cameron putter in the bin for $5.99. 

Anyway back to Le Creuset. This morning I went to Goodwill in town and found 4 Le Creuset Trivets each for $1.99. The cheapest the cast irons like these go for are typically $75 or so.

So today's tip if it says Le Creuset. Buy it. 

• Like 2