Collectibles

Indykev

I have 10 of these from someone who worked at NBC.  Mint, never opened.  No idea what to do with them.  Only one I can find is listed for $169 on eBay (and not selling at that price, which means it's not only worth less, it may be worth a LOT less.)

It's called the Heroes NBC TV Nosfratu comic.  #2.   From 2007.

I'd like to sell, but don't want to deal with eBay.  Any advice?

s-l1600.jpg

10 hours ago, Madison22 said:

I have 10 of these from someone who worked at NBC.  Mint, never opened.  No idea what to do with them.  Only one I can find is listed for $169 on eBay (and not selling at that price, which means it's not only worth less, it may be worth a LOT less.)

s-l1600.jpg

Try local shops in your area. They for the most part will be honest with you. they will tell you what you have. Let me look around and see if I can find them other than ebay. Not a good place to know the value.

Edited by Indykev

10 hours ago, Madison22 said:

s-l1600.jpg

DO NOT OPEN ANY OF THOSE. It's very rare! I found a graded 9 selling for $499.99. If yours are sealed they could grade a 10 and be worth $800 to a $1000 each, or more. Don't send in all 10 at once it would drive the price down. So you know my fee is small.....:coffee:

after a little more digging...only 200 of them were made. Not many could be left. If you could track down the authors from the company and get 3 or 4 signed, it would triple the value.

Edited by Indykev
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

DO NOT OPEN ANY OF THOSE. It's very rare! I found a graded 9 selling for $499.99. If yours are sealed they could grade a 10 and be worth $800 to a $1000 each, or more. Don't send in all 10 at once it would drive the price down. So you know my fee is small.....:coffee:

after a little more digging...only 200 of them were made. Not many could be left. If you could track down the authors from the company and get 3 or 4 signed, it would triple the value.

Love this! You never know with comic books. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

You're kidding, right?  I honestly thought they were worthless, and the eBay listing was one of those scam posts that sit there for years.  I almost threw them out as clutter.

Thank you, Indy.  Not sure what I'll do next, other than Google:  "How to ask Hayden Panettiere for her autograph."  I'd fly out to Calif for that.

image.png.9f856f0c5b7cde5ed5b2345e0568dcfa.png

1 minute ago, Madison22 said:

You're kidding, right?  I honestly thought they were worthless, and the eBay listing was one of those scam posts that sit there for years.  I almost threw them out as clutter.

Thank you, Indy.  Not sure what I'll do next, other than Google:  "How to ask Hayden Panettiere for her autograph."  I'd fly out to Calif for that.

image.png.9f856f0c5b7cde5ed5b2345e0568dcfa.png

Just remember who her husband is before you go to stalker.....:coffee:

• Haha 1

I will not get rich off of this little haul but I bought a box of about 700 cards sight unseen at an auction for $10 mostly baseball but here are a few of the nice surprises that we found. Of course the 89 Upper Deck Jr is the highlight but I think its safe to say that I got more than my moneys worth out of it. 

20230425_074345.jpg

• Like 7

On 4/25/2023 at 12:18 PM, Billingsley99 said:

I will not get rich off of this little haul but I bought a box of about 700 cards sight unseen at an auction for $10 mostly baseball but here are a few of the nice surprises that we found. Of course the 89 Upper Deck Jr is the highlight but I think its safe to say that I got more than my moneys worth out of it. 

20230425_074345.jpg

Just noticed you got the Billy Ripken "F Face" card in there 😂

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 2:27 PM, IUFLA said:

Just noticed you got the Billy Ripken "F Face" card in there 😂

I still love that card! I remember my parents driving me to all kinds of convenience stores looking for boxes of these to buy and rip. I ended up with 4 of them and sold them for like $50ish each back in the day!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Indykev said:

@Seeking6post some photos of your Star Wars collection and some cards. Interested in what your mom saved for your retirement. HA.

There actually at my sister's house but next time I go there I'll get them. Have the original figurines. Vader, Luke, Solo,etc....the cool part is the Ben Franklin price tag still on them. Each were sold for $1.79. Haha....

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There actually at my sister's house but next time I go there I'll get them. Have the original figurines. Vader, Luke, Solo,etc....the cool part is the Ben Franklin price tag still on them. Each were sold for $1.79. Haha....

Ah, the good ole Ben Franklin stores.  Haven't seen one in over 40 years.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Originals still sealed in the package?? Oh my. Down the rabbit hole I go. lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

There is a guy on ebay selling 20 1977 figures out of package for $1800. A Luke out of package goes for 150 to 240. Yoda goes for 180 out of package. nothing listed in package. If you have any play sets in package they go for a fortune.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Indykev said:

There is a guy on ebay selling 20 1977 figures out of package for $1800. A Luke out of package goes for 150 to 240. Yoda goes for 180 out of package. nothing listed in package. If you have any play sets in package they go for a fortune.

We have a separate rider on insurance for them...but some of the prices we see fluctuate so much. Honestly it's one of those things where we know their worth something but just not sure if we'll ever pull the trigger.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Originals still sealed in the package?? Oh my. Down the rabbit hole I go. lol.

I have some of the ET stuff. The Star Wars stuff is kind of similar. Still in package but you can tell it's been aged. Probably need to take some time and figure it out eventually. Either sell it or take it more seriously.

IMG_6147.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

We have a separate rider on insurance for them...but some of the prices we see fluctuate so much. Honestly it's one of those things where we know their worth something but just not sure if we'll ever pull the trigger.

OMG!! BOBA FETT WITH ROCKET IN PACKAGE $45,000, LOOSE $10,000. JAWA WITH VINYL CAPE IN PACKAGE $6,000, LOOSE $2,000. DOUBLE TELESCOPING LUKE SKYWALKER $1000, AND $800. dOUBLE TELESCOPING DARTH VADER IN PACKAGE $30,000, LOOSE $10,000. Crazy numbers. That was some rabbit hole there.

• Like 1

Just now, Indykev said:

OMG!! BOBA FETT WITH ROCKET IN PACKAGE $45,000, LOOSE $10,000. JAWA WITH VINYL CAPE IN PACKAGE $6,000, LOOSE $2,000. DOUBLE TELESCOPING LUKE SKYWALKER $1000, AND $800. dOUBLE TELESCOPING DARTH VADER IN PACKAGE $30,000, LOOSE $10,000. Crazy numbers. That was some rabbit hole there.

I have a birthday coming. A couple of Vader doubles would be a nice gift....:coffee:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I have a birthday coming. A couple of Vader doubles would be a nice gift....:coffee:

It's always been one of those fake money deals for us. Our Mom had the foresight to buy and we just aren't sure if we could ever sell. We have Wheaties boxes, Gone With The Wind Plates, Happy Days lunch pales....if it existed in the late 70's to mid 80's and had some form of value we probably have it. 

I am going to figure out these baseball, football, and hockey cards though. I've got boxes of unopened packs. In a weird way when we see them it kind of reminds us of her so it's nice to look at and pack away.

• Like 1