NCAAF/National Scene

rico

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Kiffin? That’s probably my next option

Mega agent Jimmy Sexton is in Tuscaloosa,  so something is in the works. Bama fans would LOVE to get Kiffin. Some crazy Bama fans think Belichick would be Kiffin's DC.🤣🤣

Mike Norvell is the betting favorite,  but who knows. They also think Demeco Ryans would leave the Texans because he played for Saban.🤣

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Mega agent Jimmy Sexton is in Tuscaloosa,  so something is in the works. Bama fans would LOVE to get Kiffin. Some crazy Bama fans think Belichick would be Kiffin's DC.🤣🤣

Mike Norvell is the betting favorite,  but who knows. They also think Demeco Ryans would leave the Texans because he played for Saban.🤣

I think it would be a mistake for Bama to hire Norvell.

Deboer to Bama. I told a non IU buddy a few years ago that this guy would be coaching at somewhere like an Alabama at some point in his career. Wasn’t sure it’d be this quick but the guy is a stud and I think he will be amazing there.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KDB said:

Deboer to Bama. I told a non IU buddy a few years ago that this guy would be coaching at somewhere like an Alabama at some point in his career. Wasn’t sure it’d be this quick but the guy is a stud and I think he will be amazing there.

To be fair...you've been right twice about that, now. 

Washington is a BIG TIME football program. There just isn't anything comparable to Bama, though. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, KDB said:

Man that coaching world can change fast. Congrats to Deboer and can't imagine what he can do on offense with the talent he'll get there.

• Like 2

Going to be interesting to see what Will Rogers does. Follow Deboer to Bama? If that happens what will Milroe do at Bama? Factor in the Ewers staying at UT and where Arch will go....lots of QB movement coming up.

PS...we talk about our guys getting poached. Man you have to feel for Washington. A very proud and historically great program that fell on decades of crap...they finally hit it and now it's back to the drawing board again as they enter the Big 10.

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

PS...we talk about our guys getting poached. Man you have to feel for Washington. A very proud and historically great program that fell on decades of crap...they finally hit it and now it's back to the drawing board again as they enter the Big 10.

Washington just dropped down a level with the loss of Deboer. Think they'll be more Wisky than OSU/Michigan now. They're a program we need to be able to compete with along with UCLA. Getting out of the B1G East means our schedule should be more favorable going forward for CCC.

I may now have to cheer for coach Deboer's team.

Edited by Hoosierinbham
  • Like 1

Just saw this tweet and thought it was spot on. Who had the best week? Jimmy Sexton. Saban retires. He leverages that into raises for his clients Sark, Norvell, and Lanning....and gets his other client Deboer the Bama job. 

3-4% on roughly $300M of new contracts? Not a bad few days.

Will be interesting to see how Deboer does at Bama. I think he’s a great coach, but he’s not Saban - nobody is. I wonder how much patience Bama fans will have if he doesn’t make a championship game in his first 4 or 5 years.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Will be interesting to see how Deboer does at Bama. I think he’s a great coach, but he’s not Saban - nobody is. I wonder how much patience Bama fans will have if he doesn’t make a championship game in his first 4 or 5 years.

I wonder about recruiting.

40 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Hard to argue that he isn't the best pure coach in the country.   Alabama really hit the gold mine. 

They need to understand that Saban didn't win them all either and not jump his butt if he loses a game.  

Great pick-up.  

Edited by Common Sense
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kdug said:

I lived in Alabama for a number of years, they are like we used to be with Basketball, they have zero Patience. If he doesn't win right away he has no chance. And thats a school that wont wait for the buyout to go down, he will be gone in a hurry. That being said, Alabama just got their coach for the next 25 years.

• Like 1