Hoosier Football: 2022 Season

rico

A good O-line can make and average qb look good. A great O-line can make a good QB look awesome. A mobile qb  can often make up for a bad O-line. That usually leads to him getting hurt…(Penix).  I think  Conner has potential to be good, but our O-line makes him look below average to bad, more often than not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

Well fellas, we have reached the proverbial fork in the road.  Which way do we go from this point?  

We're sitting on 3 wins, and have 4 potentially winnable games against Rutgers, MSU, Maryland, and Purdue. Injuries and momentum will play a big part in how it plays out. Our margin for error got much smaller to make a bowl game with the loss last night. Hope we catch a break and get the ship headed back in the right direction. Can't have another total collapse like last season. 

• Like 1

Well I’m not going to get my hopes up! This coaching staff an players don’t seem to be able to correct anything on a consistent basis. Our current QB can’t hit the receivers when they are open! 
We didn’t win a Big Ten game last year, we’re not looking good this year ! Yet we show up not ready to play. How about some play action, short passes early some easy pitch an catch plays to get a rhythm going! Maybe gain 5 yards instead let’s keep playing behind the chains! 

17 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

The CFB subreddit is great, and no one takes it very seriously so there's very few arguments. Really kind of puts it into perspective that it's just a game that we can't affect one way or another.

Yeah, I check it out a couple times a week or so. Love people's random stats. 

• 2 weeks later...

In IU's defense, why do I even try 😕, the opponents collective record so far is 42-16 with 3 AP top 25 and another not far out. Idaho is FCS top 25.  IU is on PSU and OSO's dinner table the next 2 weeks. 

Just a brutal schedule pretty much annually.  How do you get to a place where you can be consistently competitive when half your scheduled is earmarked for a loss and the other half 50/50?

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

In IU's defense, why do I even try 😕, the opponents collective record so far is 42-16 with 3 AP top 25 and another not far out. Idaho is FCS top 25.  IU is on PSU and OSO's dinner table the next 2 weeks. 

Just a brutal schedule pretty much annually.  How do you get to a place where you can be consistently competitive when half your scheduled is earmarked for a loss and the other half 50/50?

It is a struggle for us to win no matter who the competition is it seems.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

It’s the 50/50 games that are most alarming. Fair or not, those are the games that IU HAS to win for any sort of positive momentum. Getting those Ws allows the staff to recruit from a ‘winner’s’ perspective rather than a hopeful/rebuilding one. 

Winning attracts winners. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I’ll glance at the score, but I’m not watching this crap show! Guess we know why Missouri benched Connor Bazelak.

The show has been running in syndication for more than fifty years.  The cast changes like BBC's Doctor Who.  

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1