IU #13 In Preseason AP Poll

KDB

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I think Nebraska is a tough team, especially on the road. Their crowd seemed to show up for it. I wouldn't personally knock a team for finding a way to escape on the road, even if they got a pretty helpful call at the end. 

They played hard….not sure Greasel was close to 100%.
Purdue & IU we’re  lucky to play them early before they gel 

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm guessing around 19 in the AP?  would be nice to see MN upset Miss St.  never know at the Barn.  maybe if MD or TN blows the other one out, we climb a spot there?  so possibly 18 or 17?

We beat a Big Ten team by 16 earlier in the week. I'd like to think we'd get a little more respect than that. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

We beat a Big Ten team by 16 earlier in the week. I'd like to think we'd get a little more respect than that. 

okay.  kind of doubt that the voters are going to note us beating Nebraska at home with them missing one of their best players, but maybe.  more importantly we lost and a lot of good teams behind us won.  i'm just saying we drop from 14 to about 17, 18, 19, but maybe you're right.

44 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Who would be number 1? UVA and Purdue were neck-and-neck in terms of differential in rankings (5 points). UVA beat James Madison at home by 5 while Purdue beat Hofstra by 19 and then got a road conference win. I think Purdue could easily jump them. 

UConn should jump both of you, but I think uva will be #1

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

okay.  kind of doubt that the voters are going to note us beating Nebraska at home with them missing one of their best players, but maybe.  more importantly we lost and a lot of good teams behind us won.  i'm just saying we drop from 14 to about 17, 18, 19, but maybe you're right.

We lost without one of our best players as well. Just seems like you go out of your way find negative  things to post about IU. It seems like you would rather show people you are right on something than trying to enjoy the season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Using the quadrant system, which was in its fourth season in 2020-21, the quality of wins and losses will be organized based on game location and the opponent's NET ranking.

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75.

Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135.

Quadrant 3: Home vs. 76-160 teams; neutral vs. 101-200; away vs. 136-240.

Quadrant 4: Home vs. 161-plus teams; neutral vs. 201-plus; away vs. 241-plus

So far... 

Our Quad 1 win? Xavier (39)

Our Quad 1 losses? Arizona (16) Rutgers (29) 

Our Quad 2 wins? UNC (37) Nebraska (75)

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Edited by IUFLA
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Using the quadrant system, which was in its fourth season in 2020-21, the quality of wins and losses will be organized based on game location and the opponent's NET ranking.

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75.

Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135.

Quadrant 3: Home vs. 76-160 teams; neutral vs. 101-200; away vs. 136-240.

Quadrant 4: Home vs. 161-plus teams; neutral vs. 201-plus; away vs. 241-plus

So far... 

Our Quad 1 win? Xavier (39)

Our Quad 1 losses? Arizona (16) Rutgers (29) 

Our Quad 2 wins? UNC (37) Nebraska (75)

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Does the quad rating change as the season progresses or is it based on the factors at the time the game was played?

16 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Weren’t they #1 for one day last season?

I have no memory of this….

universe is trying to remind me?

Seton St Peters plays ugly wrestling match at RAC….

Beard will hold another press conference complaining about excessive foul calls….