IUBB 22/‘23

36 minutes ago, btownqb said:

really good thread

Was just coming to share this....really, really good stuff. No clue if Kopp has playing aspirations overseas or what but hope he knows Bloomington will always welcome their guys back. Or he could be like Elston. Get a six figure gig at a bank in Carmel and just hang out and do promotional stuff.....haha.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

really good thread

Stuff I found interesting that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

30. Take advantage of the games you get to play against guys your staff tried to recruit over you. Keep receipts 🤭

52. NU classes aren’t as hard as people think

59. If the head coach isn’t recruiting you then forget about it

68. Put the coach in a position that he has to play you

71. Shake Izzo’s hand hard

72. Juwan Howard does a good job hiding his play calls

(You could take that a couple of ways...I chose 🤣🤣🤣)

Overall, you can tell Miller is an intelligent kid.  Can't say I agreed with all 100, but I saw a lot of truth there.  Some of it was obvious, but there was plenty of very insightful stuff.  I wish Miller well...great guy that repped IU very well.

• Like 4

I want to keep this one permanently in my clipboard so I can refer to it every time a poster decides to give us their doctoral thesis here on the board!!!!

Miller Koop 100

85. 99% of twitter doesn’t know hoops. Dont buy into it. Prob couldn’t name ghost screen, floppy action, ball-screen continuity, sweep action, etc. Even the “basketball guys” . Few

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I want to keep this one permanently in my clipboard so I can refer to it every time a poster decides to give us their doctoral thesis here on the board!!!!

Miller Koop 100

85. 99% of twitter doesn’t know hoops. Dont buy into it. Prob couldn’t name ghost screen, floppy action, ball-screen continuity, sweep action, etc. Even the “basketball guys” . Few

My favorite of the bunch. 

6 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Tim Priller agrees 

I really wish some of the older alumni from the 80's and 90's would come out and support these guys when Dakich says this crap. 

To be clear, I don't mean that the former players don't support the program. I'd just love to see some of those guys that Dakich knows he can't bully or call out (IT, Chaeney, Henderson, Alford even, etc.) slam him and tell him to shut it. 

I'd also love to see Woodson call him out publicly too. Dakich has tried to undercut him constantly. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I really wish some of the older alumni from the 80's and 90's would come out and support these guys when Dakich says this crap. 

To be clear, I don't mean that the former players don't support the program. I'd just love to see some of those guys that Dakich knows he can't bully or call out (IT, Chaeney, Henderson, Alford even, etc.) slam him and tell him to shut it. 

I'd also love to see Woodson call him out publicly too. Dakich has tried to undercut him constantly. 

Tyler Ulis calls out Dan Dakich; Loves when Kentucky fans jump him on  Twitter - A Sea Of Blue

• Haha 1

One point that wasn't brought up a lot... in the last 10 games last season when XJ took over... he shot 6FTs a game... he shot 86% during those games. Added offense a game, plus the other teams would have been in foul trouble more often. We missed that element of his game a lot. 

XJ is a tough matchup for someone like Pack. 

@BGleas

Going to stay out of the tourney thread with this discussion, since it is IU related. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Dakich is so far beneath any of them why bother? They know and Dakich knows it. Isn't worth their time. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Dakich is so far beneath any of them why bother? They know and Dakich knows it. Isn't worth their time. 

Because despite that a lot of people and fans still listen to him. You can see/feel his nonsense in the commentary on most IU message boards. 

You have fans pushing Dakich's nonsense that Woodson is some sleepy old man that isn't really paying attention, etc. 

And most of all, it's just not cool or fair to have this guy out there with an audience, trashing the current players and coach. Especially when they themselves can't really respond given how that would be perceived. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looking back over last year, we showed growth and improvement in wins and a top 20 ranking the majority of the season. Also we saw a huge upgrade with TJD/5 and JHS/1 performances, Kopp’s shooting was better and Reneau became a threat off the bench. I sort of look at this team like a car with a slow leak in one tire. You know feeling. First, you put air in it and continue on for a while. It never goes flat, it’s just a very slow leak that’s alway there. Some days it leaks a little more (when it gets cold outside) and other days it seems fine. I look at those inconsistencies throughout the year, like that pesky tire. Air up the tires and we moved on down the road just fine. When you notice the car pulling one way or the other, you have to stop and air up the tire. In a normal situation you would just fix the tire, repair it or even get a new one. I think there were a few more leaky tires on the bench than we could afford. JMHO…. 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Because despite that a lot of people and fans still listen to him. You can see/feel his nonsense in the commentary on most IU message boards. 

You have fans pushing Dakich's nonsense that Woodson is some sleepy old man that isn't really paying attention, etc. 

And most of all, it's just not cool or fair to have this guy out there with an audience, trashing the current players and coach. Especially when they themselves can't really respond given how that would be perceived. 

Get it for sure....but taking his bait is exactly what we don't want. I actually applaud the emotional intelligence of most of the former players not even commenting on that stuff.

I personally don't know anyone who still listens to the windbag but I'm sure plenty do. Only a matter of time before he does something stupid again and even Outkick will have to send him to the curb. 

In terms of people thinking Woodson is some sleepy old man....if people believe that I can't help anyone like that. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Get it for sure....but taking his bait is exactly what we don't want. I actually applaud the emotional intelligence of most of the former players not even commenting on that stuff.

I personally don't know anyone who still listens to the windbag but I'm sure plenty do. Only a matter of time before he does something stupid again and even Outkick will have to send him to the curb. 

In terms of people thinking Woodson is some sleepy old man....if people believe that I can't help anyone like that. 

I would agree with you if I was advocating for the current players or Woodson himself to respond and engage with Dakich. Really, I'd get your stance if that's what I was pushing for. 

But, there is a segment of the fanbase that really does believe and listen to Dakich, and since I think we all agree the current players are best off not responding, I think it would be great and beneficial for the old guard to step in and shut him up. 

I'm sure the current guys would really appreciate it. I'd have to imagine if a guy like Galloway, who Dakich called out without naming him, it would feel really good to have guys like Evans, Chaeney, Henderson, IT, etc., come out and support and defend you. 

Dakich isn't going to push back on those guys. He really can't or he'd lose any credibility that he has. There is absolutely a segment of fans who think Dakich speaks for and represents the "old guard" and I think it would be great for the old guard to step up and defend the current players and let everyone know Dakich doesn't speak for them. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

After the regular season Penn State loss, in some eyes he was Ira, the guard at the Mayberry Bank :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I would agree with you if I was advocating for the current players or Woodson himself to respond and engage with Dakich. Really, I'd get your stance if that's what I was pushing for. 

But, there is a segment of the fanbase that really does believe and listen to Dakich, and since I think we all agree the current players are best off not responding, I think it would be great and beneficial for the old guard to step in and shut him up. 

I'm sure the current guys would really appreciate it. I'd have to imagine if a guy like Galloway, who Dakich called out without naming him, it would feel really good to have guys like Evans, Chaeney, Henderson, IT, etc., come out and support and defend you. 

Dakich isn't going to push back on those guys. He really can't or he'd lose any credibility that he has. There is absolutely a segment of fans who think Dakich speaks for and represents the "old guard" and I think it would be great for the old guard to step up and defend the current players and let everyone know Dakich doesn't speak for them. 

Understand and agree with all. I learn from you guys on here what he says. I've been Dakich free for about 5+ years. Don't follow him, listen to him...if I see his name pop up on the TL I unfollow whoever liked or promoted one of this opinions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Anyone remember how we did Dakich's senior year?

He helped lead them to greatness as runner up in the NIT.  I heard DD is how Feinstein came up with the idea for Season on the Brink.  Feinstein was unaware Dan didn't use a redshirt year and was gone by the season he wrote the book. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand and agree with all. I learn from you guys on here what he says. I've been Dakich free for about 5+ years. Don't follow him, listen to him...if I see his name pop up on the TL I unfollow whoever liked or promoted one of this opinions.

Yeah, I don't really listen to him or follow him either, but the nature of Twitter and its algorithm have his stuff still pop-up in my feed and I see some of his nonsense because people I follow engage, etc. 

I just think it would be great if the older former players defended the current guys. I think that would go a long way for the segment of fans that incredibly believe and listen to Dakich. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I don't really listen to him or follow him either, but the nature of Twitter and its algorithm have his stuff still pop-up in my feed and I see some of his nonsense because people I follow engage, etc. 

I just think it would be great if the older former players defended the current guys. I think that would go a long way for the segment of fans that incredibly believe and listen to Dakich. 

I don't know what kind of mental state he's in, but Knight doing it would be the absolute best.

• Haha 1