Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Still odd to see him literally at the bottom. I mean Mike Davis is 28th lol. 

Mike Davis has been somewhere Painter hasn't without buying a ticket..,

The Final Four...

I think you'd be better served not insulting Mike Davis on here...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Still odd to see him literally at the bottom. I mean Mike Davis is 28th lol. 

It’s skewed toward just tournament performance. Davis had 1 upset in the first round, 2 finishes to seed expectation, and a championship appearance as a 5 seed. 

This is most obvious in Hubert Davis at 15. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

Print the shirts 😳🤔🤫🏆🚂⬆️

Purdue has been lucky so far 

no injuries 

4 games against NE & MN 

Won 3 of 4 last possession games 

Oh your interloper friend is just salty over the thumping... He doesn't really mean it... Just over here to get under people's skin...

I think whoever wins it will have 5 or more losses at the end...

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oh your interloper friend is just salty over the thumping... He doesn't really mean it... Just over here to get under people's skin...

I think whoever wins it will have 5 or more losses at the end...

I said at the start 4 losses wins it outright 

5 and you might share it 

Illini couldn’t throw it in the ocean 

credit IU defense 

underwear 🩲 knows it’s legal to double the post ?

Big 10 docket for today...

Screenshot_20230121-073456.png.f7b33237d54fb0de397bef786673eb88.png

All times are CST...

Like to see OSU break their 5 game losing streak, and Nebraska pull the upset, but I'm not hopeful in either.

Iowa-OSU will feature offense...

Nebraska-PSU will be Nebraska's improved D, against the Penn St 3 machine...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rico said:

I think Ohio State has some chemistry issues...

Letting a freshman come in and be BMOC, when you have established college players like Key, Sueing, McNeil, and Holden is probably hard to manage... Sensabaugh is a great talent, but his shot selection can be iffy... And he takes the most attempts on the team...and their freshman point guard, Thornton, is good... But he's a freshman... 

I know Key has had shoulder issues, but they were at their best when he was involved a lot... 

23 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Mike Davis has been somewhere Painter hasn't without buying a ticket..,

The Final Four...

I think you'd be better served not insulting Mike Davis on here...

I agree…. however, with all due respect to Coach Davis, those where Knight’s players. On the other hand Davis probably got more out of those players than Knight would have if he wasn’t fired. JMO

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I agree…. however, with all due respect to Coach Davis, those where Knight’s players. On the other hand and to Davis’ credit, he probably got more out of those players than Knight would have if he wasn’t fired. JMO

I agree with all of that...

My larger point was to our intermeddling friend @Stlboiler23. Mike Davis may not have been prepared to be the Coach at Indiana, but he tried... And though he may be a mediocre basketball coach, he's a good man.

I don't think it's within any non-IU fans right to come into an IU forum and make fun of him... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

My larger point was to our intermeddling friend @Stlboiler23. Mike Davis may not have been prepared to be the Coach at Indiana, but he tried... And though he may be a mediocre basketball coach, he's a good man.

I don't think it's within any non-IU fans right to come into an IU forum and make fun of him... 

Mike Davis > Archie Miller

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think Ohio State has some chemistry issues...

Letting a freshman come in and be BMOC, when you have established college players like Key, Sueing, McNeil, and Holden is probably hard to manage... Sensabaugh is a great talent, but his shot selection can be iffy... And he takes the most attempts on the team...and their freshman point guard, Thornton, is good... But he's a freshman... 

I know Key has had shoulder issues, but they were at their best when he was involved a lot... 

Interesting take.  It seems like yesterday that Bucknut fans were excited about their season.  CBB is a funny, finicky sport.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Well said and totally agree. Davis regularly admitted that he wasn’t prepared or deserving of taking over after Knight. He was and still is a very respectable and honorable man.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Interesting take.  It seems like yesterday that Bucknut fans were excited about their season.  CBB is a funny, finicky sport.

You could see it in their last game against Nebraska in Lincoln...

Sensabaugh started 0-8 and after his 4th shot or so, you could tell by body language that some of the upper classmen were a bit upset...

He finished 6-16... It's tough for freshmen on the road in the Big 10... 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You could see it in their last game against Nebraska in Lincoln...

Sensabaugh started 0-8 and after his 4th shot or so, you could tell by body language that some of the upper classmen were a bit upset...

He finished 6-16... It's tough for freshmen on the road in the Big 10... 

What is Holtmann to do?  Bench Sensabaugh for the betterment for the team?  Kind of a Catch-22.  

Nothing like reading another team's message board to get some perspective. Didn't take long reading that 11W post to find fans complaining about the offense. Yet just a week ago, even after the loss to Minnesota, the Buckeyes had the top offense on both KenPom and Torvik. Holtmann has a young team, with a solid group of freshmen, and has another solid recruiting class on the way. They're in a great spot, and would be even better if first Malaki Branham and now Brice Sensabaugh weren't unexpectedly one and done. But one bad stretch and the message boards are casting about for someone new. Fans are a fickle bunch. And Indiana fans aren't immune.

• Like 2