Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it was bad both ways. If you or others want to make easy money going forward, any Purdue game that Courtney Green officiates take the other team with the spread. Guarantee to win lol. 

2 really terrible out of bounds call missed while I was watching. Just don't know how that happens.

And Edey was called for 2 fouls, which is newsworthy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Underwood complained about Illinois being tired Thursday night 

Izzo complained about being tired and without key players today

Now we're going to hear about PU being tired?

IU has been playing without two starters for over a month! Everyone is tired! Suck it up and play

That’s just my observation I doubt Painter would say anything like that. Some guys just looked a bit off today is all. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Luckily a lot of our tougher games have already happened and the schedule is more home-friendly in the back stretch. Not playing at places like Rutgers and Illinois helps too. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Luckily our defense is tops in the league at the moment which was a far cry from the team last year. Don’t have to score a ton to win which was the case last year. 

Luckily, when you flame out in the tournament again, you can still celebrate that Helms trophy.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Luckily a lot of our tougher games have already happened and the schedule is more home-friendly in the back stretch. Not playing at places like Rutgers and Illinois helps too. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Luckily our defense is tops in the league at the moment which was a far cry from the team last year. Don’t have to score a ton to win which was the case last year. 

image.gif.e43b0af9b6baff86c289c6bb3bba7748.gif

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Luckily, when you flame out in the tournament again, you can still celebrate that Helms trophy.  

I don’t know…this team is a much better “team” than last years. I could see them making a deep run…one of those teams that could get upset the first weekend or make the final 4. Matchups will matter a lot. They have a very unique team and will be hard for teams who haven’t seen them much before to figure out how to attack them and defend Edey.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dgambill said:

I don’t know…this team is a much better “team” than last years. I could see them making a deep run…one of those teams that could get upset the first weekend or make the final 4. Matchups will matter a lot. They have a very unique team and will be hard for teams who haven’t seen them much before to figure out how to attack them and defend Edey.

A lot will depend on our shooting. We’ve been so hot and cold that one bad shooting game in the tournament and we could go home early. Edey is a nice safety net but guys like Newman/Loyer/Smith have to hit from deep. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

A lot will depend on our shooting. We’ve been so hot and cold that one bad shooting game in the tournament and we could go home early. Edey is a nice safety net but guys like Newman/Loyer/Smith have to hit from deep. 

You just cant leave those guys to double. I’d rather get killed by a thousand little paper cuts from Edey then let those guys get going from distance.

• Thanks 1