Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

Hey IUFLA...how 'bout changing the title of this thread to "Purdue". 99% of it is banter on PU only.

That way, those of us who couldn't care less about PU guys focussing the discussionon just to PU can go at it 24/7 with our guys who want that debate. I"d rather read up on all the other teams in the B1G, not just PU.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, DWB said:

Hey IUFLA...how 'bout changing the title of this thread to "Purdue". 99% of it is banter on PU only.

That way, those of us who couldn't care less about PU guys focussing the discussionon just to PU can go at it 24/7 with our guys who want that debate. I"d rather read up on all the other teams in the B1G, not just PU.

I cannot "like" this enough. I have asked for the same and been told by the mods that PUke conversation permeates too many threads to try to contain it in one. I agree, and frankly it's nauseating. Come to read about the B1G, and am inundated with Toiletmaker crap. 

HTD would be rolling about now.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DWB said:

Well.. why don't you give breakdowns, stats, or anything about those other teams and we might discuss them? 

I bring up many topics in other threads to discuss, sometimes people want to talk/converse/debate. Sometimes they don't. Purdue is a hot topic right now... I mean, they're ranked top 3. 

The B1G sucks right now. Not much to discuss, other than our Feb 4th matchup with them. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Our next opponent Minnesota just took Michigan down to the wire in Ann Arbor. Hoping this is not a trap game for the Hoosiers. Gophers have played several opponents tough, and between Garcia and Battle, they have a couple of guys who can fill it up.

I don't think their inside guys can handle TJD, so hopefully he continues his strong play. 

The barn is never an easy place to win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Our next opponent Minnesota just took Michigan down to the wire in Ann Arbor. Hoping this is not a trap game for the Hoosiers. Gophers have played several opponents tough, and between Garcia and Battle, they have a couple of guys who can fill it up.

I don't think their inside guys can handle TJD, so hopefully he continues his strong play. 

Seems like a great discussion for the Minnesota Pre-Game Thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Possibly, but also since they are in the B1G and this thread is supposed to be about the entire conference, I decided to put it here.

I mean go for it, but most the people talking about our upcoming game will probably post in the thread specifically dedicated to it.

But if you want to analyze why Minnesota sucks or why Tom Izzo deserves to get 1000 small cuts from a rusty knife, then by all means have at it. 

25 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So you just want another thread to discuss IU topics? I mean thats fine. It's just really hard to continue conversation that way, imo. 

27 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I've been to "The Barn" a few times when I lived in Mpls. They should really call it "The Out House". Worst venue in basketball at any level, including Jr High...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What is everyones opinion on Nebrasktetball? Do ya'll think Hoiberg survives another disappointing season?

Who should they look at as a possible replacement? 

They have devoted tons of money to facilities. Hoiberg tends to build his teams with transfers thus he constantly has guys who are learning how to play together. Makes it hard for consistency and don't know how long that model can last.

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure how this meets the thread's topic of "basketball."

Well he is the head coach of Iowa, and I'm concerned for his heart with all his temper tantrums. Stress levels must be through the roof.

And him getting a good therapist would likely make for a better product for Big Ten basketball. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DWB said:

Do I get any credit for a post about NW three hours ago, that got one like and no responses?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

They have devoted tons of money to facilities. Hoiberg tends to build his teams with transfers thus he constantly has guys who are learning how to play together. Makes it hard for consistency and don't know how long that model can last.

All kidding aside, that model.worked very well for him at Iowa St. 

Make me wonder why it has been so different at Nebraska.

They seem to be equal schools basketball wise.

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Well he is the head coach of Iowa, and I'm concerned for his heart with all his temper tantrums. Stress levels must be through the roof.

And him getting a good therapist would likely make for a better product for Big Ten basketball. 

I"d rather see the refs T him up, and toss him than to let it continue. He gets away with with Francon 5 because he's done it for so long it's his M.O.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1