Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Bad turnovers no doubt but man they let NW get away with a lot of hacking. Loyer and Smith are still a huge reason why we’re at where we’re at this year though. Have to remember they’re still freshmen though. 

They’re freshman that lack elite athleticism. Gonna struggle against teams pressuring them, all three of your losses have that in common.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

All the sudden there’s pressure on Purdue for the B10 title, because there’s a good chance they lose at Maryland too.

I still think a lot would have to happen for them not to win it. But there is a little more pressure now.  The only game they have remaining that I’d classify as “easy” is home vs Ohio State. The issue is IU (or any of the 5 loss teams) basically has to win out for a realistic shot at catching PU.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

They’re freshman that lack elite athleticism. Gonna struggle against teams pressuring them, all three of your losses have that in common.

Yep you’re not wrong. The thing I keep coming back to is that even in those games, we were literally in it until the end against 3 solid NCAA tournament teams where we didn’t play well. Just need to see what the matchups looks like in the tournament and hope officials call Edey the way he should be called. Seemed like we got a fair whistle against Duke and Gonzaga so that gives me hope for the tournament but it’s always a crapshoot. 

Just now, Kdug said:

I still think a lot would have to happen for them not to win it. But there is a little more pressure now.  The only game they have remaining that I’d classify as “easy” is home vs Ohio State. The issue is IU (or any of the 5 loss teams) basically has to win out for a realistic shot at catching PU.

Agree, not easy, but becoming a possibility.

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Don’t you still have a positive foul differential in your three loses?

Is it that the refs don’t call to tight or they call it equally lose on the perimeter as they do on the inside?

Not sure about IU or Rutgers but today it was 17 fouls a piece which if you watched the game is definitely a bit headscratching. NW got away with hacking Edey way too often today. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep you’re not wrong. The thing I keep coming back to is that even in those games, we were literally in it until the end against 3 solid NCAA tournament teams where we didn’t play well. Just need to see what the matchups looks like in the tournament and hope officials call Edey the way he should be called. Seemed like we got a fair whistle against Duke and Gonzaga so that gives me hope for the tournament but it’s always a crapshoot. 

Oh I agree with you there. It’s all about what draw you get, but that’s true of most teams that are top seeds. 

• Like 1