2022-2023 IUWBB Season Thread

18 minutes ago, IUskim said:

This all day. Angel might have taken it a little too far because of how long she did to CC but it’s not like CC is some saint. She dishes it out so she should be able to take it. 

Clark handled it fine I feel like.  She said in her post game interview she didn't even notice Reese doing it and didn't even acknowledge it during the game. Yes, both are far from saints.  Reese just went a few seconds too long.  It's the fans making the big deal out of it, and Clark has to know it will get thrown back into her face. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JW75 said:

Clark handled it fine I feel like.  She said in her post game interview she didn't even notice Reese doing it and didn't even acknowledge it during the game. Yes, both are far from saints.  Reese just went a few seconds too long.  It's the fans making the big deal out of it, and Clark has to know it will get thrown back into her face. 

Oh yeah 100% agree. She handled it perfectly, and it’s for sure fans making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be. It’s really a non issue for me. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JW75 said:

There was just nothing to gain from it if you're Angel Reese. 

• Like 1

Just now, JW75 said:

If she was wanting a "look at me moment", she gained that. 🙄

And that's exactly what she was going for... 2 wrongs don't make a right. But, I guess congrats to AR for getting the last laugh? Or? idk what the goal was. 

Clark did something Reese and the rest of the country couldn't do, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Angel Reese showed her true colors last night. 

This we can agree on. Never been a huge Clark fan because of her arrogance (she’s a stud no doubt!) was a little much for me. But Reese’s display was pretty classless. I mean, that’s your first thought after the buzzer goes off as opposed to celebrating with your team? It’s one thing to display some arrogance in general, not directed at anybody, but to seek her out and mock her? The backlash from people calling her out is comical too. Of course it’s been turned into a completely different, convenient argument. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

25 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

This we can agree on. Never been a huge Clark fan because of her arrogance (she’s a stud no doubt!) was a little much for me. But Reese’s display was pretty classless. I mean, that’s your first thought after the buzzer goes off as opposed to celebrating with your team? It’s one thing to display some arrogance in general, not directed at anybody, but to seek her out and mock her? The backlash from people calling her out is comical too. Of course it’s been turned into a completely different, convenient argument. 

If anything she should have thanked CC. Angel/LSU had been WHIPPED by SC twice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Okay, this struck me the wrong way at first. 

We need to refer to the lady basketball player from Iowa by something other than her initials. Does a huge disservice to the real CC--Colonial Crester🥳

Yeah, absolutely no offense meant to Crester's memory.  He was a genuinely good dude.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Teri Moren is now the 7th highest paid women's basketball coach in the country at 1.3mil per year. 

I think we're easily Top 12 this season. 

Yes, of the 1st 6 we lose only Grace Berger though it's a big loss as she was a first rounder in WNBA draft.  B1G is going to be tough on women's side.  Should see overall league attendance increase.

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The end of the Iowa game- you feel it was player error. Several here disagree and feel Moren did not make the right decision defensively.

Same with the Miami game. Questionable defensive strategy and didn’t adjust .

What was the decision defensively that she made? 

It's really hard to adjust to your 2 All Americans playing poorly. 

8 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Got my season ticket request in for the ladies next season.  Can’t wait and glad to see coach continuing to be rewarded for the awesome job she’s done.

Got my request in for 4 reserved seats and parking as well - will likely only make 3 -4 of the BIG games but at $48/Senior season ticket and $80 for a parking pass how can I go wrong?  I'll donate tickets I won't use to the Hoosier Ticket Project and make some young kids happy!

• Like 5

On 6/2/2023 at 11:00 PM, btownqb said:

What was the decision defensively that she made? 

It's really hard to adjust to your 2 All Americans playing poorly. 

Iowa game she should have doubled Clark and made sure someone else shot that ball besides her.  Miami game had some questionable calls at the end from what I remember but I would need to go back and watch to tell you my exact thoughts as it’s been a few months.  But the Iowa game I remember clearly, I was shocked they didn’t double Clark and make someone else make that shot.

Dont get me wrong I am all in on Moren but I definitely felt those last games against those teams she didn’t put the team in a place to win at the end.

Edited by iuthruandthru

27 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Iowa game she should have doubled Clark and made sure someone else shot that ball besides here.  Miami game had some questionable calls at the end from what I remember but I would need to go back and watch to tell you my exact thoughts as it’s been a few months.  But the Iowa game I remember clearly, I was shocked they didn’t double Clark and make someone else make that shot.

Dont get me wrong I am all in on Moren but I definitely felt those last two games she didn’t put the team in a place to win at the end.

Yarden ran with the wrong girl, and Chloe tripped. Pretty clearly Garzon didn't do her job on that play. That's defense 101. She shows+CMM does trip.. we win. That's where the "double" would have occured. You and Steuben are confusing poor execution with poor coaching. 

Also that game didn't even matter. 

Regardless, her signing an extension, getting a raise to become the 7th highest paid coach in the country, coming off a historic season (we won the best league in the country outright) and quoting me about alleged coaching errors 4 months ago is not something I'm debating any longer. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yarden ran with the wrong girl, and Chloe tripped. Pretty clearly Garzon didn't do her job on that play. That's defense 101. She shows+CMM does trip.. we win. That's where the "double" would have occured. You and Steuben are confusing poor execution with poor coaching. 

Also that game didn't even matter. 

Regardless, her signing an extension, getting a raise to become the 7th highest paid coach in the country, coming off a historic season (we won the best league in the country outright) and quoting me about alleged coaching errors 4 months ago is not something I'm debating any longer. 

I personally would not have had someone on the ball on that inbounds and had someone trailing her on D and another on here on the high side at the three point line.  I would tell you trip or not I would t have drawn it up that way.  I can be critical of that play and still also clearly acknowledge that one play is not even close to the sum of a great season.  I literally posted praise for her raise.  It’s all good.