2022-2023 IUWBB Season Thread

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Saw that yesterday but was on the mobile platform so I didn't attempt the embed.

Ya think so, Sydney?  Time the best basketball players male and female stay home.  No reason to go out of state to play top notch basketball.  Saw that Amiyah Reynolds was going to Maryland...👎

And Shade to UCONN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And Shade to UCONN

Absolutely.  Would love to see IU pound  both teams and drive that point home.

Before some captain obvious pounces on this, I get it...kids make decisions for a lot of different reasons and who are we to criticize them for doing so?  OTOH, the days of leaving Indiana to play on a top level team are OVER and it's time people wake up to that fact.  I'm sick of the best talent leaving Indiana due to a now mistaken perception. 

Stay home and rep the greatest basketball state in the nation, kids!!!

• Like 2

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Absolutely.  Would love to see IU pound  both teams and drive that point home.

Before some captain obvious pounces on this, I get it...kids make decisions for a lot of different reasons and who are we to criticize them for doing so?  OTOH, the days of leaving Indiana to play on a top level team are OVER and it's time people wake up to that fact.  I'm sick of the best talent leaving Indiana due to a now mistaken perception. 

Stay home and rep the greatest basketball state in the nation, kids!!!

100%

Honestly, even though the women's program is "new money".... we offer some stuff that flat out, other people don't. 17K to women's game? I am sure So Carolina, LSU, Tennessee, and UCONN are still very well attended.... Iowa the same. But still... 17K? 

32 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

New rankings are out. South Carolina remains #1, but for the first time all season it isn't unanimous. Receiving a first place vote this week, your #2 ranked Indiana Hoosiers.

The only baffling thing is AP voter Michelle Smith dropped us from 2nd to 3rd. That's after a week where we beat her 16th ranked team on the road, her 17th ranked team at Assembly Hall, and guaranteed a Big Ten Championship against Purdue for good measure.

She moved Stanford ahead of us. Stanford played only one game, winning close at home against a Southern Cal team that Smith didn't have placed in her Top 25. 

Edited by Maedhros
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Lol.. you tell them Purdue! '

You keep "Boilering the F up!" .... such a tough university. What an embarrassing shirt. They got smacked around yesterday. 

That really is a bad look for a coach to wear that shirt. Maybe I am the "get off my.lawn" guy, but imo that's bad taste for a leader of young people.

• Like 5

I love that the guy that voted IU number 1 came with facts about why he did so.  I guess he got some flack for the vote and being from UNC but he isn’t wrong.  From ESPN:

"It's nothing against South Carolina, but the Big Ten is incredibly strong this season and Indiana has played a tougher conference schedule," voter Mitchell Northam said. "While the Gamecocks needed OT to get by Ole Miss, the Hoosiers handily beat ranked teams in Ohio State and Michigan this past week. I wanted to reward them for that. Indiana also has five wins against top-10 teams this season, the most in the country, and hasn't lost since Grace Berger has been healthy."

And I would add potentially undefeated if she doesn’t get hurt.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

I love that the guy that voted IU number 1 came with facts about why he did so.  I guess he got some flack for the vote and being from UNC but he isn’t wrong.  From ESPN:

"It's nothing against South Carolina, but the Big Ten is incredibly strong this season and Indiana has played a tougher conference schedule," voter Mitchell Northam said. "While the Gamecocks needed OT to get by Ole Miss, the Hoosiers handily beat ranked teams in Ohio State and Michigan this past week. I wanted to reward them for that. Indiana also has five wins against top-10 teams this season, the most in the country, and hasn't lost since Grace Berger has been healthy."

And I would add potentially undefeated if she doesn’t get hurt.

Almost certainly undefeated, if she doesn’t get injured.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Does anyone happen to know how the ladies 23 recruiting class looks?  I saw one team ranking and Maryland was the only BIG team in the top 15 and they came in at #9.

Thing is…Indiana hasn’t really done it with super high recruits. Honestly and people will probably yell at me but Teri had built the program the Purdue way. With decorated high school kids who have a winning competitive personality. Toughness…solid guards combined with a stud big that has really developed well. I think if we sustain this a couple more years the top recruits will come…but honestly we just identify highly competitive girls that are high character high bbiq that Teri can develop. 

• Like 1