IUWBB Post-Season Game Thread

btownqb

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Have to think it's the 1st of many. Her future is so bright.

Oh man, she's unreal. 

Big thing for her now... developing her "body". Holmes has mentioned multiple times what the weight room/conditioning program at IU has elevated her game.... Looked at Berger muscle definition. CMM is a FREAK!!.. 

We do a tremendous job in the off season with "morphing" their bodies, ALONG with the skill development. 

I look for Meister to be someone that benefits from this tremendously, as well. 

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, you’re saying that she should come school a guy who has coached in the NBA? 

How often does an nba team get pressed? Only end of game desperation scenario. Nba guards would shred a press and it would look like what the IU women did last night. 

Are you really suggesting that Coach Woody has NOTHING to learn about being a coach? He is a finished product and can’t get better?? That’s pretty arrogant if he thought that and I’m sure he doesn’t. Besides it could be how she teaches even if she taught the same thing….but watching that game last night…it was a clinic and we absolutely don’t attack or use the same concepts that she does to beat a trapping press like that. Maybe she has better ball handlers…but the men could certainly learn from the women on that front.

Just now, dgambill said:

How often does an nba team get pressed? Only end of game desperation scenario. Nba guards would shred a press and it would look like what the IU women did last night. 

Are you really suggesting that Coach Woody has NOTHING to learn about being a coach? He is a finished product and can’t get better?? That’s pretty arrogant if he thought that and I’m sure he doesn’t. Besides it could be how she teaches even if she taught the same thing….but watching that game last night…it was a clinic and we absolutely don’t attack or use the same concepts that she does to beat a trapping press like that. Maybe she has better ball handlers…but the men could certainly learn from the women on that front.

I think we look average against presses because we don't have the human press break..... he's out with a broken foot. 

Of course, we still haven't seen a true "press" all year. We've seen a half court trap. Not a true 94ft press. 

Teams trap one pass once we get it across half court. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I think we look average against presses because we don't have the human press break..... he's out with a broken foot. 

Of course, we still haven't seen a true "press" all year. We've seen a half court trap. Not a true 94ft press. 

Teams trap one pass once we get it across half court. 

Well we’ve been seeing a half court press similar to what OSU was implementing last night and I can’t count how many turnovers and 10 second calls we’ve had. Even if the opponent recovered better than OSU women at least we could break it. Point being we struggle mightily and the concepts are the same…instead we leave two guards with no movement…no flashing through the middle and I think our guards have no clue how to break a trapping press because neither are true point guards. Wouldn’t hurt for them to take a crash course from someone that obviously knows what she is doing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

Hope you all are able to tune in this evening. Can't say enough about this group of players, staff, and program. 

Tonight will be electric in Assembly Hall and this program and Coach Moren deserves it. 

7K last weeknight home game... I think we get to 10K tonight. Or more... 

Taped it and am about to sit down and watch! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well we’ve been seeing a half court press similar to what OSU was implementing last night and I can’t count how many turnovers and 10 second calls we’ve had. Even if the opponent recovered better than OSU women at least we could break it. Point being we struggle mightily and the concepts are the same…instead we leave two guards with no movement…no flashing through the middle and I think our guards have no clue how to break a trapping press because neither are true point guards. Wouldn’t hurt for them to take a crash course from someone that obviously knows what she is doing.

Mightly? No. 

Some, yes. That coincides with XJ being out. 

We turned it over like once vs. a trap on Wed.  Where is all this coming from? 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Mightly? No. 

Some, yes. That coincides with XJ being out. 

We turned it over like once vs. a trap on Wed.  Where is all this coming from? 

Since Xavier went down we have handled it terribly. Go back and watch all the games. Teams that have pressured us consistently have not only turned us over but forced us out of rhythm and taken us out of our normal flow in the half court because we’ve used valuable shot clock struggling to get the ball over half court. Not saying we haven’t won the past few games but we’ve still turned it over quite a bit and that skid we had we also struggled. I know Xavier changes things 100% but he won’t be back for awhile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Oh man, she's unreal. 

Big thing for her now... developing her "body". Holmes has mentioned multiple times what the weight room/conditioning program at IU has elevated her game.... Looked at Berger muscle definition. CMM is a FREAK!!.. 

We do a tremendous job in the off season with "morphing" their bodies, ALONG with the skill development. 

I look for Meister to be someone that benefits from this tremendously, as well. 

I’m not saying Meister will ever be as good Mac but if you see her body transformation from her freshman year until now it’s like night and day. If Meister follows the same steps she could be one to watch. 

• Like 2