IUWBB Post-Season Game Thread

btownqb

First time being able to watch this team in a while, with the game being on ESPN. Tough day from the field for everyone not named MacKenzie Holmes. Seemed like the looks were there, but the shots were rushed or went in and out. That overtime sure was fun, though. Hoping we get Grace back soon, and more games broadcast.

• btownqb changed the title to IUWBB vs Northwestern (continuous game thread)
On 1/1/2023 at 3:14 PM, Maedhros said:

First time being able to watch this team in a while, with the game being on ESPN. Tough day from the field for everyone not named MacKenzie Holmes. Seemed like the looks were there, but the shots were rushed or went in and out. That overtime sure was fun, though. Hoping we get Grace back soon, and more games broadcast.

BTN+ for $40 in Oct/Nov whenever they had that deal was a great buy, imo! 

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Grace played 27 mins and had 16p 5a in her return. She wore a somewhat hefty brace on her knee. Admittedly, I was mid football all day yesterday and didn't watch too much of the game. 

She is going to have 2+months to get right for the tourney. 

I think their game was on BTN+ anyway. They love to stick them on the plus for some reason. 

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

I think their game was on BTN+ anyway. They love to stick them on the plus for some reason. 

I've got BTN+ for the Lady Hoosiers and IU Baseball!.... $40 for the year for that deal in Oct! 

There wasn't really a channel for them to play on yesterday, tbh. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I've got BTN+ for the Lady Hoosiers and IU Baseball!.... $40 for the year for that deal in Oct! 

There wasn't really a channel for them to play on yesterday, tbh. 

Oh nice! Yeah I guess that’s true. It just seems like they always get the short end when it comes to TV coverage. 

Edited by IUskim
  • Like 1

• btownqb changed the title to IUWBB vs #9 Maryland (continuous game thread)
1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Never gotten into women’s basketball, but I might have to anoint them my new favorite team with the $hit show going on in the men’s program.

I'm thinking that CMW should announce the starting lineup for the next mens game...

Yardon Garzon

Chloe Moore-Mcneil

Lilly Meister

Alyssa Geary

Mackinze Holms

That should send a message. Man up or shut up boys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Man, what a first half. This team defends, they move, they shoot, they're always active. Such a fun watch. Anyone looking for a pick me up should turn on BTN. This is what you want it to feel like when you watch the men play.

Should we hire a Purdue grad to coach our men??? Robby Hummel?! Lol

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Should we hire a Purdue grad to coach our men??? Robby Hummel?! Lol

I mean, a lot of folks were wanting to hire Shrewsberry after last night, and while he's not an alum, he did serve multiple stints on Painter's staff. I just want the men to hire their Teri Moren, wherever from. What a program she's built. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The women having trouble at the line 6-13

Wouldn’t it be great for the school to go out and get a sponsor that will donate $100 for every made free throw to the player that hits it via NIL deal….probably can’t stipulate that but wonder if it would make a difference.