IUWBB Post-Season Game Thread

btownqb

Just now, btownqb said:

Players play the game. The players lost the game. 

If that is the case no coach should ever lose their jobs because it is always the players fault. This was definitely on Moren tonight because of the lack of adjustments on breaking the press.  I know you are a coach do you will never see any wrong in coaches.

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I don't really see any way we aren't at least in the elite 8. I'd put money on F4 at least. 

You could be right.  But, our performances the last 2 games make us vulnerable to a hot 4/5 seed.  Last week at this time, I would have laid a lot of money on an Elite 8.  I'm pulling that bet back now.  

Just now, IU Scott said:

If that is the case no coach should ever lose their jobs because it is always the players fault. This was definitely on Moren tonight because of the lack of adjustments on breaking the press.  I know you are a coach do you will never see any wrong in coaches.

Ok. 👍

Just now, btownqb said:

We have 2 full weeks off until we play again. We play the first two games of the tourney at home, hope Moren learns to coach by then. 

Nobody says she is a bad coach. But she did not coach her best game. You are doing your straw man argument by insinuating anybody saying she can't coach.

Coaches have bad games, players have bad games.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lets make it personal, of course. Lol 

Not making this personal at all. Yesterday I pointed out that MSU sped us up and we didn’t handle it well. There were I think three possessions in a row we turned the ball over. You said that the turnovers were mostly offensive fouls. Today, OSU did the same thing, only for almost all of the second half. Our execution was the same, and the results were the same as they were yesterday.

I’m afraid that the blueprint is out as to how to beat IU. They have time to figure out how to better handle pressure. And the coaches better damn well be developing a strategy to do so. If they can’t figure it out I don’t think they make it through the second weekend of the tournament 

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 1

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

Nobody says she is a bad coach. But she did not coach her best game. You are doing your straw man argument by insinuating anybody saying she can't coach.

Coaches have bad games, players have bad games.

Right. And this had zero to do with coaching. You guys act like OSU has never pressed us before. We've torched their press, and every press all year. 

Opppp... we lost, finally, question the coach. Rinse and repeat with a few. 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Not making this personal at all. Yesterday I pointed out that MSU us up and we didn’t handle it well. There were I think three possessions in a row we turned the ball over. You said that the turnovers were mostly offensive fouls. Today, OSU did the same thing, only for almost all of the second half. Our execution was the same, and the results were the same as they were yesterday.

I’m afraid that the blueprint is out as to how to beat IU. They have maybe 5 days to figure out how to better handle pressure. And the coaches better damn well be developing a strategy to do so. If they can’t figure it out I don’t think they make it through the second weekend of the tournament 

We don't play for 2 weeks..