UNC Postgame Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Same. I remember a bunch of people saying he Galloway would have his minutes cut this year and just never understood that. 

He was one of our most important players last year, he was never going to play less this year. What he brings is so unique on this roster. 

Season to date, he gets my vote for 6th man of the year.

• Like 2

This was a great game for the Hoosiers. 

Only problem was the fouling.

X played a great floor game and controlled the game in the last 3 minutes.  He valued the clock.  Twice he could've went for the lay-up but he kept the ball and ran the clock.  He also hit his free throws at the end.

Great game by Galloway.  Great defense on and off the ball.  He and X really put the pressure on UNC guards.

Jalen had a great 1st half and kept us in there

And of course TJD was his usual self with double-double and 4 assists.

This team looked like a contender tonight.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Same. I remember a bunch of people saying he Galloway would have his minutes cut this year and just never understood that. 

He was one of our most important players last year, he was never going to play less this year. What he brings is so unique on this roster. 

Don't remember which thread. Doesn't matter I guess. The kid knows hoops. Changed the game today....and he drove past athletes with ease. #32!!! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Same. I remember a bunch of people saying Galloway would have his minutes cut this year and just never understood that. 

Galloway is this team's AJ Moye.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This is the kind of game we would have given away at the end in prior years... Coach Woodson is doing such a phenomenal job...

I got nervous when they cut the lead to 7 or 8 in the second half and thought "here comes the meltdown". It was nice to see the whole team say "nope, not on my watch" and take the game back over.

I'm still detoxing from Archie 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Same. I remember a bunch of people saying Galloway would have his minutes cut this year and just never understood that. 

Plus he's got an alley oop pass that's so good no one has to dunk it.   😂😂😂😂

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Nance went for 15 and 12 and 3 air balls in his worst game ever and still putting up stats like he did at Northwestern in the losing effort.  

To his credit, he did play hard and I would love him on my team, just not chucking threes.  Not quite a 4, not quite a 5.  

CMW took him aside in the post-game handshake line and said a few words to him.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm as content as I have been as an IU fan since the early 90's.  Sure, the 2002 run, the Watshot, the Big Ten titles under Crean, etc. were all exciting and special memories.  But. THIS is the IU basketball I fell in love with as a kid.   

Maybe every wife was doomed because they couldn’t live up to your first love.

Just sayin’. 

Maybe a Dr. Phil episode 

• Haha 1

Great win, especially with the lopsided whistle. 

*I give X grief often for stupid decisions and was ready to again with the back to back dumb fouls late in the game. But he stood up there and knocked down some big FTs like a senior PG should. Was under control, and a catalyst as usual the whole game. Not the MVP IMO, but was very solid.

*TJD - nothing needs to be said. MVP IMO.

*TG - phenomenal. MVP 1a. 

*JHS - great start. Hope we see more of that shooting. 

*Defense was great.

*Everybody else chipped in without being a liability. 

My only negative is the perimeter shooting, yet again. Don’t think we can win six in a row in March if that doesn’t improve. Besides piss poor officiating, the lack of perimeter shooting allows games like this to be closer than they should. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Just watched with the IU alumni group here in LA. A Reality TV show was shooting in the bar at the same time. So Loud… can’t wait to watch again later tonight!

Going to be in the valley for the holidays with the family, you need to let me know where these meetups are for the Kennesaw State Game! Unfortunately, my whole family grew up in Michigan and I'm the outlier!

14 hours ago, BGleas said:

His presence was sorely missed last year. Also, it's nice to see some more people dropping by HSN after a big win. Please come by more. When this site is active, I think it's the most fun.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 3

I watched the game but stayed out of the live game chat.  Great win, got worried a bit when they cut to 7 but the team buckled down and got it back to 10 pretty quickly.  The defense is the MVP of this game.  Its going to win us alot of games.  And for some reason i don't really like TG, not sure why, i really can't put a finger on it, but without him tonight, we lose.  Great Job TG. I eat CROW tonight, and every night happily.  Great Win!!!   Go Hoosiers.

• Confused 1

This team hasn't even scratched the surface. Geronimo and Bates will continue to improve. Galloway will get more minutes, especially against smaller line ups. Race and Kopp need to find a way to contribute more on both ends of the floor if they're going preserve playing time. The current status in great and the future looks even better for this program. On to the next!

• Like 1