UNC Postgame Thread

KDB

so good to see that JHS is a big game player!  Galloway may just be that 5th guy?  still wish he could shoot, but Bates and Kopp just aren't what i hoped.  i get that Kopp played pretty good D, but dang i wish he was a threat on the offensive end vs. good teams.  such a huge night for IU bball.  very exciting.  with Creighton vs. TX, OK St. vs. UConn, and AZ at Utah, i'll be cheering for an upset or two.  just want to see the Hoosiers keep climbing! 

7 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Quote of the night from the North Carolina fan board:

"This team SUCKS! Nobody looks remotely like they want to be there on the court, doesn’t look like anybody likes anyone else, zero fire, zero fun, zero pride, zero anger for getting rolled. Just slog and mope and pout like a bunch of no talent no heart no pride no teamwork soft loser pussies."

That’s because playing against IU’s defense was like having multiple dental fillings without Novocain. Not surprised they weren’t having fun.

IU's Crowd Noise......."As a player and as a coach, that's just not really anything that you're ever really concerned about," Davis said. "I don't remember, for me as a player, the crowd ever having any effect on my play. As a coach, I've never felt like a crowd had an effect in terms of my ability to coach. Our guys have played in big time atmospheres and it will be one tomorrow night, but our guys have been there before."

Well,..... I wonder if he and his players feel any different about IU's crowd noise and it's effects after this latest lose? lol

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

IU's Crowd Noise......."As a player and as a coach, that's just not really anything that you're ever really concerned about," Davis said. "I don't remember, for me as a player, the crowd ever having any effect on my play. As a coach, I've never felt like a crowd had an effect in terms of my ability to coach. Our guys have played in big time atmospheres and it will be one tomorrow night, but our guys have been there before."

Well,..... I wonder if he and his players feel any different about IU's crowd noise and it's effects after this latest lose? lol

I was just going to talk about the crowd. Thought they were phenomenal. 

Our white out was 10x more impressive than Dukes. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

JHS was such a catalyst. He missed a couple of passes, but hit big shots and got some really impressive rebounds. Just a complete played in what, his seventh game.

I thought JHS actually played his best game of the year so far. He looked like a seasoned player and was definitely up to the challenge as well. IMO, Leaky did nothing to slow him down. As a matter of fact, if I'm JHS, I'm pumped because they put their best defender on me!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

CD7D8AC3-9EF7-46E6-9DB5-84EC5300AC3D.thumb.jpeg.29087aa43b52d842d1e5a9173706b75d.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I thought JHS actually played his best game of the year so far. He looked like a seasoned player and was definitely up to the challenge as well. IMO, Leaky did nothing to slow him down. As a matter of fact, if I'm JHS, I'm pumped because they put their best defender on me!

Bilas commented that you can’t speed him up. He plays at his pace. By contrast, he said IU sped up UNC’s guards

• Like 2

Postgame interview from @The Daily Hoosier

Tracye's word was "anaconda." :) Apparently JHS didn't have one or slept it...

I liked Jalen's response when he was asked why he thought TJD won the battle with Bacot...

"He's a Big Time Player, and that's what Big Time Players do."

And just for kicks, Hubert Davis...He gave IU a ton of credit...