All-Time IU Starting Lineup

KoB2011

Pretty easy for me.  Henderson was my #1 Priority.  Just do not think there is a good substitute for him.  Zeller and Oladipo bring incredible value for All-Americans.  At that point, it came down to Cheaney or I. Thomas and then finding a 5th guy.  I thought the Cheaney/Yogi combo was better than any pair I could come up with using Zeke.

Zeller

Henderson

Cheaney

Oladipo

Ferrell

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Pretty easy for me.  Henderson was my #1 Priority.  Just do not think there is a good substitute for him.  Zeller and Oladipo bring incredible value for All-Americans.  At that point, it came down to Cheaney or I. Thomas and then finding a 5th guy.  I thought the Cheaney/Yogi combo was better than any pair I could come up with using Zeke.

Zeller

Henderson

Cheaney

Oladipo

Ferrell

Interesting you picked a team devoid of a national champion. Certainly can’t argue with its greatness, though. 

IT - best PG of his generation. Would love to see him feeding Big Mac, Edwards and Wittman. Great defender at the point, could also score at will. 

McGinnis - averaged 30 pts and 15 rpg in one college season. Total mismatch and freak of nature. 

Tolbert - physical rim protector and solid rebounder

Wittman - 6'6 G/F, avg 19 ppg his one season with 3 pt line, shooting 44% from three

Edwards - probably the best pure shooter ever at IU. 48% from 3, 85% FTs. Avg 18 ppg in two college seasons. 

No one could stay with this team. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IT - best PG of his generation. Would love to see him feeding Big Mac, Edwards and Wittman. Great defender at the point, could also score at will. 

McGinnis - averaged 30 pts and 15 rpg in one college season. Total mismatch and freak of nature. 

Tolbert - physical rim protector and solid rebounder

Wittman - 6'6 G/F, avg 19 ppg his one season with 3 pt line, shooting 44% from three

Edwards - probably the best pure shooter ever at IU. 48% from 3, 85% FTs. Avg 18 ppg in two college seasons. 

No one could stay with this team. 

Freak of nature is right. McGinnis could easily play in today's game. He was the prototype of the modern wing back then. Also played tight-end (I think) for the football team. Can you imagine being a 5' 8" db and seeing him coming at you full speed?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Saw this on Twitter and thought it could make a fun discussion. You’ve just hit it big with the NIL and have $15 to spend, who ya got HSN?

image.thumb.png.9f5e71288a91b7e7a27731d54d97181a.png

Alford - $5
Cheaney - $5
Zeller - $3
Watford - $1
Dipo - $1

*Basing this on a modern line-up. I want to everybody to be able run, shoot, ability to handle the ball and guard multiple positions.  
*How is Dipo only $1?

• Like 2

i may be remembering wrong, but Vic wasn't AA caliber at IU was he?  he was super exciting to watch, but my old brain was thinking he it his peak toward the end and as he went into the NBA?  if we're basing it off what they did in college or what they were in college, i like the leaders and winners on this team

Buckner  4 

Alford  5

Edwards  1 

Schlundt  3 

Zeller  2

9 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i may be remembering wrong, but Vic wasn't AA caliber at IU was he?  he was super exciting to watch, but my old brain was thinking he it his peak toward the end and as he went into the NBA?  if we're basing it off what they did in college or what they were in college, i like the leaders and winners on this team

Buckner  4 

Alford  5

Edwards  1 

Schlundt  3 

Zeller  2

I think Vic was national POY runner up to Trey Burke. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 2

Wow!  I knew a lot of you put him higher on your list of all time greats than I did, but I guess I have really been underselling him:

Kehinde Babatunde Victor Oladipo (born May 4, 1992)[1] is an American professional basketball player for the Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Indiana Hoosiers, where in the 2012-2013 season he was named the Sporting News Men's College Basketball Player of the Year, the Co-NABC Defensive Player of the Year, and a first-team All-American by the USBWA and Sporting News. That year he was also named the winner of the Adolph Rupp Trophy, given annually to the top player in men's NCAA Division I basketball.[2]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

Freak of nature is right. McGinnis could easily play in today's game. He was the prototype of the modern wing back then.

I don't think anyone who saw him play at IU would leave him off their team...Especially at the bargain bin price of $4 :) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think anyone who saw him play at IU would leave him off their team...Especially at the bargain bin price of $4 :) 

Well, I'd have had to take Zeke or May off of my team to make room :)

I could see a case on my team for McGinnis over May, then using the extra dollar to upgrade TJD into Zeller. 

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Well, I'd have had to take Zeke or May off of my team to make room :)

I could see a case on my team for McGinnis over May, then using the extra dollar to upgrade TJD into Zeller. 

Yeah, the two I wrestled with were McGinnis/May and Thomas/Buckner on the dollar trade off...

As far as May/McGinnis goes, Scott was a slightly better shooter, and a better defender... But McGinnis was a much better rebounder and a 3 level scorer (before anyone had ever coined the term)... In the open court, at 6'7 235, he was absolutely devastating...

George and Isiah on the break would have been awesome... 

• Like 2