Indiana High School Football (2023)

On 11/24/2023 at 4:33 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

3A: 35-7 Chatard over Heritage Hills

17 football titles for Chatard 

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

2A: 40-3 Luers over North Posey

Absolute dominance from Luers

After the 2 thumping's North Posey and Heritage Hills took, it seems teams in the southern part of the state have a ways to go...

Maybe Memorial can do something next year??

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In the last 10 years, or 60 state championships, 21 were won by private schools. 

Non issue.

Take out 6A since there aren’t any private schools in 6A except when Cathedral gets bumped up.  It’s still an issue.  I don’t think it’s any more or less an issue than it has been however.  But public schools will always dislike private schools.

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That interaction confused me 

I found it entertaining and decided I had to have a little fun with it on here.  

I've watched a little high school soccer (my daughter played middle school through sophomore year).  I learned enough to appreciate the girls game.  The strategy is more in depth than I ever knew from what little soccer I had seen on tv.  And the pace of play felt right.  If the teams are evenly matched, it can be quite tense as well.

Boys high school soccer is another story.  I'm not a fan.  

I dont see the issue with Brownstown not fielding teams.  Focus on what the majority of kids want to do and what the teams can be successful at.  Austin, for example, had some dreadful girls teams when my daughter played. Games wouldn't even make it to halftime before the mercy ruled ended the game.   I'm not sure what, if anything, was gained

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I found it entertaining and decided I had to have a little fun with it on here.  

I've watched a little high school soccer (my daughter played middle school through sophomore year).  I learned enough to appreciate the girls game.  The strategy is more in depth than I ever knew from what little soccer I had seen on tv.  And the pace of play felt right.  If the teams are evenly matched, it can be quite tense as well.

Boys high school soccer is another story.  I'm not a fan.  

I dont see the issue with Brownstown not fielding teams.  Focus on what the majority of kids want to do and what the teams can be successful at.  Austin, for example, had some dreadful girls teams when my daughter played. Games wouldn't even make it to halftime before the mercy ruled ended the game.   I'm not sure what, if anything, was gained

The topic is never even brought up, honestly. There's just no interest.  

There are more kids in that HS that would prefer to go to a tractor pull/ 1/4 mile dirt track than watch soccer. 

The proximity to a metro area plays its part in that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, btownqb said:

@5fouls Charlestown has a very good chance to move to 4A this coming year. They are over 850 students, SC sits at 950, for reference. 

CT is up over 130 students since the last count. 

I saw that.  Kind of excited about it.  Will be nice to have a sectional opponent within an hour's drive.  For it to be our #1 rival will make it even better.