Indiana High School Football (2023)

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Final enrollment numbers will ultimately play a part in alignment.  For example, Edgewood is right on the 4A/3A line, and is currently in Sectional 23 with SC.  

However, in addition to East Central moving up, the following will/could happen.

FW Dwenger is eligible to drop down from 5A based on no longer qualifying for success factor.  Does their re-entry push  South?  Or West?

And, probably even more impactful to the South 4A sectionals is whether E. Reitz chooses to drop back down to 3A as allowed, or do they want to stay in 4A?  They choose 3A and someone (Northview or SC being the most logical) has to fill the spot.

Just FYI, Dwenger was 4A this season.  They got moved down from 5A just before the season started.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Just FYI, Dwenger was 4A this season.  They got moved down from 5A just before the season started.

Was there some sort of special circumstance?  They should have served 2 years in 5A for success.  I just looked at the impacts.  They did push everyone South.  I didn't follow the whole trail, but Connersville got pushed from 22 to 23 and Bedford from 23 to 24.    Bedford is a better fit in 23, so maybe they move them back to take East Central's spot and just keep 7 teams in 24.  Not sure if they still require having 64 teams in 4A or not.   

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Was there some sort of special circumstance?  They should have served 2 years in 5A for success.  I just looked at the impacts.  They did push everyone South.  I didn't follow the whole trail, but Connersville got pushed from 22 to 23 and Bedford from 23 to 24.    Bedford is a better fit in 23, so maybe they move them back to take East Central's spot and just keep 7 teams in 24.  Not sure if they still require having 64 teams in 4A or not.   

The IHSAA did some sort of reevaluation of Dwenger at the beginning of the season and determined they did not have enough success factor points to continue in 5A.  If I’m not mistaken, I think Dwenger was in 5A for 3 years.

• Thanks 1

Big games tonight in the Evansville area.

The really BIG game is #6 Gibson Southern visits #7 Heritage Hills in The Jungle to see who goes to State from 3A.

Then there is #4 North Posey against Southmont at North Posey's home field, from 2A.

That is 3 teams from the PAC...

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

58 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Memorial will have their hands full with both Gibson Southern and Heritage Hills...

Definitely, good news for the Tigers, they return about 16-17 starters for next year and pretty much their entire offense.

Adding on, that Heritage Hills QB is very good, almost 2,000+ total yards and nearly 50/50 on rushing/passing. I do know GS takes a big blow on their offense due to graduation 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

In the 3rd quarter of the Gibson Southern vs. Heritage Hills game, Heritage Hills is pitching a shutout, 23-0!!! WOW!

I have family there at Heritage Hills, my nephew is both the football team manager as well as the track and cross-country coach!

UPDATE: Now 23-6, 2 point conversion by the Titans fail, 6 minutes to go in the 3rd qtr.

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just getting ready to post that!

My nephew just texted me with STATE FINALS BABY!!!

This should have been the State Final game, both teams are that good...

Get ready Memorial, you're next!

I don’t know too much about HHS other than their QB, how many starters do they return next year?
Memorial should be pretty good from what I understand, some of the starters/backup linemen are still growing (One of the weakest points this season). I’m guessing Memorial/North will be the main contenders, followed by Castle/Jasper. I heard Reitz losses pretty much 70% of their team and MD is all over the place. Vincennes will take a step back and figure out a few things.