Indiana High School Football (2023)

SIAC from last night

52-12 North dominates Harrison

56-0 Memorial dominates Central

24-7 Reitz  beats Jasper

28-20 VL beats Mater Dei

52-42 Castle survives against Bosse (Bosse had the lead with 5 minutes left)

Memorial ended their game after the first quarter, it’s going to be a very long time for Central to be consistently good again

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

SIAC from last night

52-12 North dominates Harrison

56-0 Memorial dominates Central

24-7 Reitz  beats Jasper

28-20 VL beats Mater Dei

52-42 Castle survives against Bosse (Bosse had the lead with 5 minutes left)

Memorial ended their game after the first quarter, it’s going to be a very long time for Central to be consistently good again

Harrison says hello....

The Castle / Bosse score was a surprise. I knew Bosse can score points, but where was the defense?? Looks like a long season for MD??

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

https://x.com/greggdoyelstar/status/1699549221311906075?s=46&t=0a5mYu93DMCAu54Dco-rdA

If this is even remotely true, shame on all the adults at Indian Creek. None of them have any business being in charge of kids. 

I saw this article and thought about posting. Out of respect to the guys on here from that area all I'll say is this isn't good....and whoever the adults are down there making decisions they need to be replaced yesterday and I hope the kid gets his eligibility asap.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw this article and thought about posting. Out of respect to the guys on here from that area all I'll say is this isn't good....and whoever the adults are down there making decisions they need to be replaced yesterday and I hope the kid gets his eligibility asap.

As we have seen all around the north side.  When you anger the mom's,  entire school boards will be flipped in one day.  They better come out with some sound and solid explanation real quick.  

It sounded like an assistant coach that was let go.  Of course Doyel has to frame it to still be on going for clicks.  Still wrong.  The kid needs reinstated immediately with apologies from all directions.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

As we have seen all around the north side.  When you anger the mom's,  entire school boards will be flipped in one day.  They better come out with some sound and solid explanation real quick.  

It sounded like an assistant coach that was let go.  Of course Doyel has to frame it to still be on going for clicks.  Still wrong.  The kid needs reinstated immediately with apologies from all directions.   

Yep. Dad's too...haha. I don't know all the details on this one and honestly don't want to know the details other than I hope the kid can play.

I've got enough on the plate keeping the stuff quiet at Carmel. Man some of the stuff that doesn't make it to the press amazes me.

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Memorial barely gets by MD, winning 9-6 over the Wildcats. Lots of defense and penalties in this one

57 minutes ago, rico said:

Embrace those close games when you can get them.  Far too many 81-6 or 68-0 type games in high school football.

I will say that, at least in my part of the state, last night was just about as perfect weather as you could get to watch a high school football game.  Not a cloud in the sky.  Little to no humidity.  Warm enough for shorts, but cool enough to wear a long sleeve t-shirt.  As relaxing a night as I've had in a while.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

So, what is the root cause of the issue there?  Coaching?  Meddling parents?  Player defections?  

Unfortunately, I think it's a culture of losing there. Plus the type of kids the school is getting. A lot of gang activity and a combination of things. Both of my kids graduated from Harrison in the late '90's. It is so different today. Even the feeder schools have gone down. The middle school my kids went to had a very good reputation. Professional people sent their kids there instead of private schools. Sadly, it's not that way anymore.....

On 9/9/2023 at 8:59 AM, 5fouls said:

I will say that, at least in my part of the state, last night was just about as perfect weather as you could get to watch a high school football game.  Not a cloud in the sky.  Little to no humidity.  Warm enough for shorts, but cool enough to wear a long sleeve t-shirt.  As relaxing a night as I've had in a while.  

It was fantastic. This Friday looks to be much the same. 

• Like 1

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — Play was stopped at Friday night’s football game at South Side High School after multiple fireworks were set off nearby.

Fort Wayne Police Dispatchers confirmed to WANE 15 police were investigating fireworks but many in the stadium, including both teams, apparently, confused the sound with gunfire.

😱