Indiana High School Football (2023)

9 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Sounds like a bright future for Btown!

Hope so! Staying healthy was a big obstacle last season, and we are still feeling the effects of that. 

Good group of dudes though. Will be a lot of fun. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 9:44 AM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

And just like that…Summer pre-pads workouts/practices begin late next month 

And now 3 weeks to go…SIAC is going to be real interesting this year, Reitz returns nearly everyone, Vincennes should be good, Jasper is going to be Jasper, Castle should be fairly solid, North should be good, never count Hurley and Goebel’s teams (going to be down a little), Harrison/Bosse/Central will be interesting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rico said:

Just checked to make sure the John Harrell website was all good.  2 things stood out to me.  The SAC has split into divisions and it was odd not seeing Tippecanoe Valley listed in the TRC.

Yep, large and small school divisions for the SAC. They have also opened up the scheduling so that teams can play outside the conference. Provides a better barometer for where they stack up v some of the powerhouses from the Indy area. Instead of waiting until the playoffs to learn where they are, they get an early season check and allows for making changes if possible prior to the playoffs. Dwenger plays Brownsburg and Carroll plays HSE, for example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yep, large and small school divisions for the SAC. They have also opened up the scheduling so that teams can play outside the conference. Provides a better barometer for where they stack up v some of the powerhouses from the Indy area. Instead of waiting until the playoffs to learn where they are, they get an early season check and allows for making changes if possible prior to the playoffs. Dwenger plays Brownsburg and Carroll plays HSE, for example.

I was aware of them playing non-con games.  Didn't know(or forgot) they went to divisions.  How are they going to determine the SAC champ?

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I don't know if I mentioned it on here or not but my son bought a house in the Carroll district not so long ago.  So GO CHARGERS!  With that being said the only boy in my immediate family playing football is a nephew at Columbia City.  So GO EAGLES!  

And before the season kicks off I would like for everyone here to send some good vibes my alma mater's way.  I expect another misery filled season for my Mildcats so they need all the help they can get just to win a game.  Pitiful.

• Like 1

Silver Creek opens their brand new stadium this Friday against arch rival Charlestown.  

Moving from what was arguably the worst stadium/field in the area to one that will be, at the very least, representative of the type of venue a school of its size should have.

Major construction still going on in and around the school that will really impact parking around the field.  So, if you are planning to attend, count on a parking challenges and wear your walking shoes.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I don't know if I mentioned it on here or not but my son bought a house in the Carroll district not so long ago.  So GO CHARGERS!  With that being said the only boy in my immediate family playing football is a nephew at Columbia City.  So GO EAGLES!  

And before the season kicks off I would like for everyone here to send some good vibes my alma mater's way.  I expect another misery filled season for my Mildcats so they need all the help they can get just to win a game.  Pitiful.

I find myself looking for Whitko scores on John Harrell for both football and basketball just because of you.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Silver Creek opens their brand new stadium this Friday against arch rival Charlestown.  

Moving from what was arguably the worst stadium/field in the area to one that will be, at the very least, representative of the type of venue a school of its size should have.

Major construction still going on in and around the school that will really impact parking around the field.  So, if you are planning to attend, count on a parking challenges and wear your walking shoes.

I was told it looked great at the scrimmage. 

Hunter Station Pizza Stadium 2

I'm pretty sure the visiting bleachers that you see here, were the HOME stands Silver Creek used the first 10 years of having football. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That's BC, CT, and SC with turf in the conference.... 

I can't believe Salem still hasn't gotten it. I figured they would before Corydon and NH..... but, who knows! I don't see Pekin getting it. Salem, NH, Corydon, and Scottsburg... flip a coin.