Indiana High School Football (2023)

Gonna call out the dumb decision by some Athletic Directors down here in Southern Indiana.  If the heat tonight wasn't enough reason to move games to tomorrow night, the threat of storms combined with the heat made it highly unlikely the games could be played.  So, while there is not much rain, there is a ton of lightning, and has been for quite some time.  I'll be shocked if anyone in the Louisville area gets a game in tonight.  

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Traditional NE Indians football power FW Bishop Dwenger is 0-2 thus far and has been outscored 108-7. They were also knocked down from 5A to 4A due to lack of recent playoff success. 
I know that these things tend to go in cycles but the heyday for this program may be in the rear view mirror 

Homestead is just a little bit better.  They’ve scored 7 points in 2 games and lost to Noblesville last night 42-0.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Traditional NE Indians football power FW Bishop Dwenger is 0-2 thus far and has been outscored 108-7. They were also knocked down from 5A to 4A due to lack of recent playoff success. 
I know that these things tend to go in cycles but the heyday for this program may be in the rear view mirror 

Moving down might actually hurt them more at the sectional level. In 5A, they got a bye week, with a chance of playing somebody like North Side or Anderson the week after, and not seeing Snider until the championship. 

Can't ever totally count out a program like that, though. In 2014 they had a losing record and there was talk that their glory days were over. They won state the following season.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 8:51 AM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Lots of shutouts and blowouts in the SIAC last night

Memorial beats North, 17-0

Jasper beat Harrison, 39-0

Castle beats Mater Dei, 49-7

Bosse beats Central, 48-6

Reitz beats VL, 23-7

Reitz looks like the team to beat down here in our part of the state. I think they are on a mission, especially after getting upset in the sectionals by Boonville last year...

I must say I was surprised by the Castle vs. Mater Dei score. The games between these two usually come down to a few points, but not this time. You have to know MD coach Mike Goebel was not happy.

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

must say I was surprised by the Castle vs. Mater Dei score. The games between these two usually come down to a few points, but not this time. You have to know MD coach Mike Goebel was not happy.

Word on the street is that MD is building a statue for Goebel, one of the GID SIAC guys say it’s similar to a retirement statue. But I doubt he is retiring anytime soon, even though there were rumors that last year was his last. 

6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Reitz looks like the team to beat down here in our part of the state. I think they are on a mission, especially after getting upset in the sectionals by Boonville last year...

Heard their OL is beginning to thin a little bit, their best one got kicked off the team and their starting RT (undisclosed injury) could be out indefinite time. But I still think they are the team to beat, #1 until someone dethrones them.

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

The Washington Hatchets new 4 million field project was complete for a 28-0 shutout over Edgewood.  Great opening win! We unfortunately suck historically but we can look good doing it now!

64da9d9aaa6c7.image.thumb.jpg.0866e91123f89495751eba11fa275b0e.jpg

The bleachers appear to be off center?

Edited by rico
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

The bleachers appear to be off center?

They are. The home and away are centered around the 30.  The press box is centered on the 50. It's also an east/west facing field. The original was built in the 30s as part of a government works project.  So that's probably why it's an odd setup. 

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

They are. The home and away are centered around the 30.  The press box is centered on the 50. It's also an east/west facing field. The original was built in the 30s as part of a government works project.  So that's probably why it's an odd setup. 

I am still not understanding why the set-up?

53 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I really don't know. My best guess is there was a small hill on the southeast side. I guess they didn't know what to do with it when it was originally built. 

This is the home stands before renovation 

5ee39db8da7df.image.jpg.e9ed0b5b158e38a785034c465edcb5d3.jpg

Press box on the goal line?