Indiana High School Football (2023)

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

WOW, bad breaks for sure. I was looking forward to the Reitz vs. Memorial matchup.

Did see where the Tigers beat up Central though.

Going to long nights for Week 7-9, would be lucky to snag at least 1 game from that stretch. Next week against Bosse might very interesting too.

I saw Castle took a big hit in the receiver core with #5 going down

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

I started to count, but got lazy and stopped.  Last night it appears that there were about twice as many games that would have ended in a running clock (35+ point differential) than there were games decided by 10 points or less. 

High school football suffers from competitive imbalance.  And, it's not a case of 6A schools beating up on 2A schools.  The majority of the lopsided games are within conference.  

Only one overtime game in the state last night.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I started to count, but got lazy and stopped.  Last night it appears that there were about twice as many games that would have ended in a running clock (35+ point differential) than there were games decided by 10 points or less. 

High school football suffers from competitive imbalance.  And, it's not a case of 6A schools beating up on 2A schools.  The majority of the lopsided games are within conference.  

Only one overtime game in the state last night.

Well.   If we hit XPs we win by 35+. 

Should have been about 56-0. 

And, the 'Who needs a conference when we can schedule games like this' award goes to Providence.  

image.png.57093533495fa38c6eca56364d246c02.png

You can't tell me they couldn't have scheduled a game across the river against a private school in Louisville.   Or, and I know it couldn't have happened this week, because Brownstown played Seymour, but juggle some schedules around and let's get a Providence versus Brownstown series going.  Brownstown has an easily droppable non-conference opponent in Madison.  

Let's play games that are competitive.  Not the kind of crap we see from the score above or the one we will see next week when Brownstown throttles Madison.

29 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Realistically, with the 2 guys out, do you think the score would have been closer?

The gap would have been within 10, Reitz lean in my opinion. Memorial had like 5-6 offensive starts inside Reitz Territory/mid and couldn’t score with the Backup QB in. Outside of 2 playe/pick 6, Memorial’s D played pretty well.

How about them Knights? 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

The gap would have been within 10, Reitz lean in my opinion. Memorial had like 5-6 offensive starts inside Reitz Territory/mid and couldn’t score with the Backup QB in. Outside of 2 playe/pick 6, Memorial’s D played pretty well.

How about them Knights? 

Didn't really follow the game because it was a road game at Jasper. But anytime you come away with a win like they did, it has to be good. Castle did not want to come home 3-3 record, 4-2 seems a lot better.....

Also saw where North shutout Vincennes on the road 31 to zip

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Didn't really follow the game because it was a road game at Jasper. But anytime you come away with a win like they did, it has to be good. Castle did not want to come home 3-3 record, 4-2 seems a lot better.....

Also saw where North shutout Vincennes on the road 31 to zip

VL lost their best player aka QB Hunt (SIAC POTY favorite) for the the rest of the year after the Castle game. But North shutting them out was something I did not expect. We play the Alices in Enlow this upcoming week, so we shall see how that goes. Sounds like our QB3 might be the starter from now on until Fisher is back (doesn’t sound good). 

I did hear Castle had some injuries last night against Jasper with QB #14 going down.